Instantly management and security of endpoints. Drive efficiency and take control like never before
Enterprise Services Engineer (BigFix)
Enterprise Services Engineer fulfill a vital role in our organization to serve our customers. Operating in a highly-cooperative team environment with TAMs, engineers, customer success managers, and sales account managers, Services Engineers contribute to each customer’s success by supporting the Tanium platform and our customers in the field. You’ll have continuous opportunities to apply your best technical chops in large enterprise environments while building new skills ranging from managing important relationships to scripting.
What you’ll do:
Work closely with our customers to:
- Triage inbound support cases
- Solve Tier 1 & 2 cases independently or with the help of teammates
- Identify and rapidly assign tier 3 support cases to Technical Account Managers
- Conduct daily health-checks on assigned accounts
- Work with Technical Account Managers on strategic customer activities
- Contribute to and track activity, after action, root cause and daily status reports
- Document best practices and Play Book entries
- Work closely with CSMs on improving Tanium operational status within key accounts
- Provide technical direction to customer IT support staff
We’re looking for someone with:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- 5 years of experience in IT/Consulting
- 5 years of experience in Systems Administration/Engineering and IBM BigFix
- Experience creating/modifying of custom fixlets in IBM relevance language.
- Creating and maintaining various BigFix reports, troubleshooting the BigFix client and relaying communication issues in a large multi-site deployment.
- Hands-on Tanium experience a major plus
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to articulate and communicate
- Broad knowledge across several technical domains, coupled with deep knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Endpoint Security
- Endpoint Support/Troubleshooting
- Incident response
- Systems Management
- Systems Administration
- Software Engineering
- Utility Scripting (e.g. bash, PowerShell, VBScript, Python, etc.)
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Ability to break a problem down into manageable, ordered piece parts
- Ability to convey problem statement and plan of attack to others
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.
Tanium at a glance
Tanium focuses on Enterprise Software, Information Technology, Security, Software, and Cyber Security. Their company has offices in Chicago, Reading, and Emeryville. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Tanium has raised $985.604M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2018.