Our mission is to help people to be less stressed and better off financially
Sr iOS Engineer
Tally makes people less stressed and better off financially. Currently at Series C with $92MM in funding, we are a team that is democratizing financial services to put billions of dollars back in people’s pockets. Tally built the first fully automated debt manager to help people overcome credit card debt. Tally’s vision is to automate people’s entire financial lives so they can worry about money less and do what they love more.
Our iOS team takes on broad ownership at Tally: strategically driving building processes, tooling, and technical architecture. At Tally, our iOS development has a strong voice and when faced with building things fast or right, we always lean towards quality.
Our core technology is Swift, and our team leverages RESTful APIs.
- Contribute to feature specifications and have a voice in what you’re building throughout the feature-building process
- Drive improvements to how we work to deliver value to our users quickly and securely
- Collaborate with all engineering, product, and design teams to build new features and their integration with back-end services while maintaining existing features
- Be a driving force for architectural improvements and addressing tech debt
- Maintain a high standard of design by crafting beautiful UI for our users
- Develop with testing in mind and leverage testing frameworks in order to produce consistent, high quality features
In this role we value:
- Knowledge of both Swift & Objective-C with a solid understanding of mobile design patterns, modern or more traditional
- Experience with Combine or other Swift FRP libraries
- Knowledge of UIKit & SwiftUI, able to build UI declaratively or with Auto Layout
- Experience with CoreAnimation
- Familiarity working with and designing REST APIs
*A message from our leadership: *
"One of our core values at Tally is 'Change shoes often.' We do this with our peers and our customers every day, and we want candidates to share in our commitment to empathy. Empathy really is the foundation of inclusion, and Tally prides itself in being a company that prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace culture where people are included and treated equitably."
Jason Brown, Co founder and CEO
We get it. We have families and healthcare is a must. Tally offers health, vision, dental, and 401k benefits. Plus a flexible vacation policy.
We have weekly lunches, happy hours, and mountains of La Croix. But don’t let that fool you. What matters is that you do what you love with amazing people.
Bring your pooch to work. Yep, we love it. Makes everyone less stressed and our Head of Engineering provides free treats.
Growing your career faster
Our success means more opportunity for your growth. We use regular Lunch and Learns to share knowledge and have built career development into Tally’s DNA.
Join us in our one-of-a-kind space in Potrero, a short walk from BART. From the in-door tangerine tree to the open office space with tons of natural light, we love working here.
Cross functional collaboration
We embrace openess and transparency. You get exposure to every facet of the business while working with an incredibly talented group of people.
Tally at a glance
Tally focuses on Financial Services and Mobile Application. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Remote. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Tally has raised $92M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2019.