The contact center for innovative enterprises
At Talkdesk, our Engineering team follows a micro-service architecture approach to build the next generation of Talkdesk, with vertical teams responsible for all the decisions under their services. Through our Agile Coaches, we promote agile and collaborative practices, we are huge fans of Scrum, pair programming and we won’t let a single line of code reach production without peer code reviews. We strongly believe that the only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position and we always treat others with respect, deference and patience.
- Act as a subject matter expert on Looker, both as a development platform and visualization tool;
- Work closely with business users, product analysts, data scientists and the rest of Talkdesk’s engineering to deliver world class data driven solutions;
- Collaborate with engineering to design and develop scalable ETL pipelines
- Transform data into actionable insights;
- Build dashboards and reports to drive awareness and understanding of metrics;
- Build and maintain clean data models.
- Experience with Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Data visualization tools: Looker, Tableau, Power BI;
- Strong knowledge of SQL;
- Experience creating and managing data warehouses, as well as the ETL/ELT work flow;
- Experience working with Engineering on ETL pipelines;
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
Nice to have / Pluses:
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Math, or a similar area;
- Experience with programming languages such as Python or R;
- Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum;
- Familiarity with Big Data processing frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark or Samza;
- Knowledge of Big Data analytical tools, such as Hive, Impala, Presto or Drill;
- Familiarity with messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Talkdesk at a glance
Talkdesk focuses on SaaS, Customer Service, Customer Support Tools, Non Profit, and Social Innovation. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Lisbon. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Talkdesk has raised $124M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2018.