Convenient carpools with co-workers and neighbors
Senior Application Engineer
Scoop brings co-workers and neighbors together to enjoy a smooth carpooling experience—unlocking new opportunities to create friendships, improve their well-being, and make the most of their valuable time.
Learn more in Crunchbase: https://news.crunchbase.com/news/scoop-raises-60m-for-corporate-carpooling-as-gridlock-ruins-america/
Engineering @ Scoop
Few companies get to face such diverse technical challenges as Scoop, and we’ve built a team of people excited to face these challenges together while investing in each others’ growth.
Scoop’s engineering team may move bits and pixels, but we also put real, live human beings in cars together. We’re touching problems academics have written about for years, and have data that no other company has ever collected.
But Scoop knows engineering is not a lone discipline. We’re a growing team from a variety of backgrounds both traditional and non-traditional. We like to build together, and we like to learn together. Our entire team and process are built around helping you grow and be successful. And we’d love to tell you more about the impact you could have at Scoop.
In this role, you will:
- Own, architect, and implement high quality backend web services using Node.js and PostgreSQL
- Contribute to features and expand our offerings to improve carpoolers' experiences
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle (e.g. Planning, Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing, and Maintenance)
- Collaborate across multiple teams to help define, scope, and implement high quality features
- Practice test-driven development
- Have experience with API development
- Have experience with Cloud based application engineering
- Have experience in designing and leading features from ideation to production
- Be excited and effective about collaborating and communicating with different stakeholders
- Be able to mentor and learn from others
- Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience
- Be passionate about designing and writing high quality code
- Have curiosity and desire for continuous improvement both personally and engineering wide
Life @ Scoop
Founded in 2015 and based in downtown SF, our team mixes technology and elbow grease every day, with one statistic in our crosshairs: 80% of Americans drive alone to work. At Scoop, we envision a world where commuters feel empowered — starting with a choice to make their commute a meaningful part of their day. We embody that same spirit within our own culture, empowering every team member to make this the most meaningful experience of their career.
Walk into Scoop and you’ll find a furry, tail-wagging welcoming committee. In many ways these fluffy faces exemplify the energy that flows through our office. They are a reminder that while we’re focused and driven, we shouldn’t take ourselves too seriously. They also help bridge the gap between our homes and our workplace, just like a Scoop carpool.
The atmosphere overall is dynamic and unique. It’s influenced by our backgrounds at successful startups, big tech companies, and premier consulting firms — blended and crafted into what feels natural and right for this company. It plays out in our balance of scrappy and strategic, frameworks and fast thinking.
At Scoop, we’re all united by our desire to change the way people get to work — and committed to enjoying the journey together along the way.
Your well-being, your way
We offer three medical, dental, and vision plans, plus a monthly wellness stipend and 401(k) planning.
Family comes first
We're proud to offer up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave so our hardworking parents with growing families, of all sizes and types, can welcome their new additions home.
Time off is time well spent
A dream vacation. A Netflix binge. Time with family. Whatever you need to be your best self and do your best work, our flexible PTO has you covered.
More than just free lunch
Catered lunch, snacks, and monthly team breakfasts not only keep us charged, they foster new friendships and build community.
A convenient commute for all
We offer $100 a month pre-tax to help cover the cost of your daily commute, and of course, free Scoop carpools too.
Learning & development
Coding class? Conference on the East Coast? Invest in yourself with our generous learning and development stipend.
Scoop Technologies at a glance
Scoop Technologies focuses on Mobile, B2B, Transportation, Apps, and Travel. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Atlanta. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Scoop Technologies has raised $111.7M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2019.