Game development needs creativity, but creativity needs an environment to be nurtured in
What We're Working On
Kerbal Space Program 2 is the much-anticipated sequel to the beloved Kerbal Space Program, the game that launched a thousand aerospace careers. We’re extending the game in every possible direction — forward into a future of space colonization and next-gen technology, upward to new star systems, and outward toward approachability. KSP2’s gorgeous and beguiling universe combines with a radically improved user experience to attract and foster new players while satisfying existing fans’ appetites for new challenges. We’re also bringing a new social dimension to the game with an all-new multiplayer experience, allowing friends to collaboratively build an interstellar civilization. We believe that by preserving and extending the magic of the original game, a new generation of fans will be given a chance to fall in love with the fearless, ever-curious Kerbals as they explore the cosmos.
The QA Tester will work closely with all other disciplines on the development team to verify KSP 2 is built as intended and at high quality. This role will communicate with team members, attempt to break everything they touch, and make sure players have as smooth an experience as possible from the floor of Kerbin to the farthest reaches of space!
- Collaborate with other team members to perform test cases to verify a variety of game features.
- Creatively identify ways to use the game as players will that others on the team may not have thought about.
- Communicate risks and opportunities discovered through testing and participate in mitigation discussions to address issues.
- Describe discovered issues through bug entry and other helpful reporting processes.
- Build close relationship with offsite KSP QA experts to share information, best practices, and help improve the overall testing of the game.
- Be a voice of quality for the KSP community.
- Experience with Jira or equivalent bug tracking software.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and/or other relevant tools.
- A deep love and understanding of games and a desire to learn and contribute to the creation of a sequel.
- 2+ years of experience in game testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- General understanding of the phases of game development.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.