Game development needs creativity, but creativity needs an environment to be nurtured in
QA Test Lead
Intercept Games is a developer-focused publisher that empowers studios to develop the games that they are passionate about creating, while providing the support that they need to make their titles critically and commercially successful on a global scale. As a new division of Take-Two Interactive Software, the label publishes Kerbal Space Program, has released Ancestors with Panache Digital Games and The Outer Worlds with Obsidian Entertainment, and will publish the upcoming title Disintegration with V1 Interactive along with other unannounced partnerships. Intercept Games is headquartered in New York City with offices in Seattle, Munich, and Las Vegas. We are growing our capabilities to allow us to continue bringing great games to players and are looking for a new member of our team near Seattle, WA.
Kerbal Space Program 2 is the much-anticipated sequel to the beloved Kerbal Space Program, the game that launched a thousand aerospace careers. We’re extending the game in every possible direction -- forward into a future of space colonization and next-gen technology, upward to new star systems, and outward in demographic reach. KSP2’s charismatic and beguiling universe combines with a radically improved user experience to attract and develop new players while satisfying existing fans’ appetites for new challenges. We’re also bringing a new social dimension to the game with an all-new multiplayer experience, allowing friends to collaboratively build an interstellar civilization. We believe that by preserving and extending the magic of the original game, a new generation of fans will be given a chance to fall in love with the daring, ever-curious Kerbals as they explore the cosmos.
The QA Test Lead will work closely with all other subject areas on the development team to create a strong test plan for KSP 2. This role will facilitate communication, build documentation and reporting, and make sure players have as smooth an experience as possible from the floor of Kerbin to the farthest reaches of space!
- Collaborate with other team members to build a test plan covering all phases of game development.
- Build and develop test cases based on feature requirements, working closely with engineers, designers, and others to gather all aspects of gameplay and backend activity.
- Communicate risks and opportunities discovered through testing and participate in mitigation discussions to address issues.
- Support and perform tests on all features of KSP 2 – this role is part planning and communication, part hands-on.
- Create effective test progress reporting that meets the needs of all partners.
- Build close relationship with offsite KSP QA experts to provide updated project and design information, sync on test tasks and progress, and align on overall testing goals.
- Provide coaching, training, and overall guidance to other testers.
- Knowledge of game development lifecycle and software development practices.
- Experience with Jira or equivalent bug tracking software.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and/or other relevant tools.
- A deep love and understanding of games and a desire to learn and supply to the creation of a sequel.
- 3+ years of experience in game testing with at least one released title as a lead.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as time and project management skills.