Game development needs creativity, but creativity needs an environment to be nurtured in
Software Development Engineer in Test
Who We Are
Take-Two develops and publishes some of the world's biggest games. Our Rockstar label creates Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, two of the most critically acclaimed gaming franchises in history. Our 2K label creates games like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier's Civilization. Our Private Division label publishes Kerbal Space Program and will publish upcoming titles with Obsidian Entertainment, Panache Digital Games and more.
Take-Two Direct to Consumer
The Direct to Consumer team is a (well-funded) startup within Take-Two. We have offices in San Francisco and Vancouver and have built a culture that enables remote work. We're building a commerce and distribution platform for our game labels, partnering directly with our studios to bring value company-wide. Our team is small and agile – we release to our users quickly, and constantly iterate to elevate our product’s quality. We seek regular feedback from our users and labels to make sure we are delivering at and above expectations. We believe in giving our studios the flexibility they need to create the world's greatest games, so we plan to offer a variety of interfaces using modern technology and best practices. Our success is measured by our impact on gamers and developers, not presentations or promises.
- Work with core engineering team, and establish core test strategies, test plans and test cases. Integrate testing suites into engineering team’s CI/CD pipeline.
- Design and implement technical solutions to increase testing productivity and test coverage, being accountable for the goal of reducing the overall cost of quality.
- Design and build the test automation tools for Desktop client applications and back-end services.
- Define quality and risk metrics for communicating the quality of the product.
- Collaborate with SRE and Engineering team to diagnose live issues and carry out root cause analysis and feedback into regression testing.
- Lead and mentor a team of SDETs, supporting their career and technical development.
- Create a culture obsessed with quality of gamer experience.
- 8+ years of professional experience, with proven track record designing and implementing large scale test automation systems for desktop applications and back-end services.
- Strong experience with working on testing on multiple platforms: PC WIN / Mac / Linux.
- Strong experience in networked applications and distributed systems, knowing where they can break and know how to test for quality, performance and resilience.
- Strong experience using bug tracking tools and define procedure to help track and log bugs and reporting the state of quality.
- Strong experience using automatic code review tools for static code analysis
- Familiarity with Cloud platforms like AWS and/or GCP.
- Self-starter, self-driven to produce results and continually improve.
- Experience and comfortable in supporting a live service environment.
- Able to lead and work with a distributed team.
- BA / MS degree in computer science or a related field.