Operational Excellence Manager
Synthego is enabling genome engineering at scale with a blend of scientific instrumentation, industrial automation, and data science. Our team of scientists and engineers are putting multidisciplinary fields together to solve problems that no one field can tackle alone.
We are searching for an innovative Operational Excellence Manager to develop and lead the Operational Excellence program within Production Operations. With a focus on Root Cause Analysis, Continuous Improvement and Lean methodologies, this role will collaborate closely with all associates within the Operations organization and cross-functionally to drive change. The ideal candidate is well versed in root cause analysis methodologies, visual management, and has a demonstrated ability as a change agent. This position requires tact to mentor, train, and develop others, as well as the sense of urgency and drive to provide hands-on support to the production teams when necessary.
What You'll Do
- Establish and maintain site side OpEx programs, tailored to empower associates at all levels.
- Define, monitor, and improve KPI and visual management systems across site
- Implement root cause analysis process and program: establish framework for root cause analysis and launch program to qualify site facilitators and RCA leaders.
- Generate and deliver training material regarding lean methodologies as they relate to manufacturing. Administer training to site wide associates as part of new employee onboarding program.
- Lead Continuous Improvement Kaizens and Value Stream Mapping exercises to drive productivity.
- Establish sustainable CI program with online submissions, a triage process, steering committee, and drive ownership within the organization.
- Develop mechanism to capture and track the benefits and savings associated with operational improvement initiatives to illustrate the sustained benefit of the improvements.
- 5+ years experience in an Operational Excellence or Business Excellence role within regulated industry environment.
- Strong understanding of laboratory best practices, continuous improvement methodologies, and lean manufacturing principles, including 5S, Gemba, and Kaizen
- Experience with formal quality management systems preferred.
- Innovative, motivated, and independent leader with proven ability to work cross-functionally and drive accountability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Extensive experience in planning and implementation of performance improvement and transformation initiatives.
- Experience in the principles of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Value stream mapping, KPI development, RCA, DMAIC, SIPOC, A3, FMEA, 5S, visual management, fishbone, standard work, statistics, etc.
- Proficient as facilitator of workshops and process improvement initiatives using continuous improvement methodologies.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Excellent benefits
- Competitive salary
- 4x Daily shuttle to and from San Francisco (more locations to come)
- Generous equity at an early stage company
- Fully stocked kitchen and snacks
- Catered lunch and dinner
Synthego’s vision is to turn biology into an information science, with the ultimate goal of dramatically extending the healthy human lifespan.
Synthego builds advanced bioinformatics and automated hardware platforms to create next-generation molecular biology tools, starting with full-stack genome engineering.
These world-class tools accelerate basic scientific discovery, critical disease cures and novel synthetic biology applications to improve and prolong life.