Research Associate, Engineered Cells (Morning Shift)
Synthego is searching for a Research Associate to join our manufacturing team and help create the world’s first fully automated cloud-enabled molecular biology lab.
This position has two shift options:
- Tuesday through Saturday; 6:30AM-3PM
What You'll Do
- Maintain primary cell cultures and immortalized cell lines
- Maintain research inventory, equipment, record-keeping and administrative tasks for cell line maintenance and related projects
- Seed and transfect cells for a variety of cell culture plates
- Screen mammalian cell lines
- Update and development SOP’s for manufacturing processes
- Acquire and analyze microscopy images
- Participate in company meetings and present data and project plans
- Communicate regularly with team members regarding project progress
- BS in biology, cell biology or related field with a minimum of 2 years of cell culture experience
- Experience working with a variety of immortalized lines, specialized experience with mammalian iPS, ES, and primary cell lines is preferred
- Excellent sterile technique
- Experience with transfections and genetic engineering of mammalian cells preferred
- Experience in fluorescence microscopy and immunostaining techniques.
- Experience with flow cytometry preferred
- Strong organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver cohesive presentations
- Ability to work well within a team and thrive under fast-paced startup environment
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity at an early stage company
- Robust medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- Fully stocked kitchen and snacks
- Free catered lunches and dinners
- 4x daily Shuttle bus to & from San Francisco
Synthego’s vision is to turn biology into an information science, with the ultimate goal of dramatically extending the healthy human lifespan.
Synthego builds advanced bioinformatics and automated hardware platforms to create next-generation molecular biology tools, starting with full-stack genome engineering.
These world-class tools accelerate basic scientific discovery, critical disease cures and novel synthetic biology applications to improve and prolong life.