Sales Operations Specialist
Are you a true believer that Bioengineering is the future, and CRISPR is only the beginning? We are looking for someone who is inspired by our mission and who would fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial spirit of the company culture.
We’re looking for a Sales Operations Specialist who is organized, detail oriented, and an excellent communicator comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This is an individual contributor role that will help and support the team building the tools and systems to enable industrial-scale molecular biology research.
What You'll Do
- Assist customers with processing and completing orders, canceling and editing order information, reviewing and approving customer purchase orders, and payment completion.
- Enter sales orders upon receipt of purchase orders for custom products, review the order to ensure accuracy, and submit order acknowledgment to the customer .
- Report any issues customers encounter through the ordering/payment process and work with commercial software to improve the order process.
- Work closely with operations groups to status orders and highlight risks. Inform customer and sales team of any shipment delays in a timely manner.
- Engage in frequent interaction with sales, finance and commercial operations teams to assist with questions, process improvements, and complex sales flows.
- Contribute to various day-to-day activities and manage projects within the commercial operations and other departments as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business/technical field, or 5+ years of directly related work experience
- 2+ years in sales operations or marketing operations
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Expertise with Excel is required
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent customer relationship management and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment with shifting and often conflicting priorities and demands
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and a strong attention to detail
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity at an early stage company
- Robust medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- 4x daily Shuttle bus to & from San Francisco (more locations to come)
- Fully stocked kitchen and snacks
- Company provided lunches and dinners
Synthego’s vision is to turn biology into an information science, with the ultimate goal of dramatically extending the healthy human lifespan.
Synthego builds advanced bioinformatics and automated hardware platforms to create next-generation molecular biology tools, starting with full-stack genome engineering.
These world-class tools accelerate basic scientific discovery, critical disease cures and novel synthetic biology applications to improve and prolong life.