Part Manufacturing Estimator and Fulfillment Coordinator$24k – $36k • 0.001% – 0.005%
Who We Are:
SyncFab is an OEM Parts Manufacturing Procurement Service Platform focused on the mission of bringing more manufacturing work to local small and medium sized machine shops in the USA.
The Fulfillment Coordinator reports directly to Company Sales and will conduct daily outreach to CNC Machine Shop Parts Manufacturing suppliers based on variable manufacturing machining orders received from customers. The Coordinator will work closely with Suppliers to Quote and Track status of production RFQs and POs maintaining an accurate log of Supplier, RFQ and PO activity status updates in company database while maintaining clear and timely communication with company sales.
The Coordinator must be a responsible self-starter and team player willing to be held accountable to the Team for their individual performance. The Coordinator must have strong attention to detail with strong knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and ideally Powerpoint or GoogleDocs as well. The Coordinator is responsive to emails and call requests with a quick turnaround time and Fluent in the English language. These are absolute and definite prerequisite skills for this role. This role calls for strong organization skills and strong ability to multitask effectively.
Ideal candidate will have some familiarity with CRM software like salesforce or hubspot. The Ideal Candidate is able to read machining drawings and specifications familiar with CNC and related manufacturing processes ideally with knowledge of machine hour cost time, materials and industry certifications such as ISO with a background in Mechanical Engineering but not required - All that is required is a passionate interest in Manufacturing technologies, willing to be held accountable for customer orders and put in the time necessary to get the job done.
The Coordinator will participate in weekly work group updates reporting directly to company staff. Responsible Self starter with an interest in manufacturing and product development, avid reader, thoughtful and creative! Recent Graduates with attention to detail are especially welcome to apply Individuals with background accounting are very detail oriented and also encouraged to apply. This position has room for growth.
- Discover and partner with trustworthy vendors and suppliers focused on zero defect quality
- Work with Supplier Quality Engineers (SQE) and cross-functional vendor and customer teams to develop strategies for obtaining first time quality throughout the supply chain
- Evaluate suitability and stability of current and potential suppliers with regard to financial health, staffing, quality, throughput, technical capability, and reputation
- Work closely with SQE teams to analyze issue ticket trends and identify correct actions for strategic vendors
- Work closely with Supplier Development Engineer (SDE) teams and suppliers to develop and implement quality improvement action plans to proactively drive continuous quality improvement
- Exercise sound business judgment in leveraging and implementing sourcing and procurement activities, including recommendations for alternative solutions that meet business priorities
- Collaboratively work with Supply Chain team on sourcing strategy, market analysis and conducting trade-off analysis reviews and supplier roadmaps with engineers
- Drive development of supplier and industry certification profiles, market trends and strategies
- Communicate and prepare value propositions associated with proposals to SyncFab executives, i.e. award preparation, cost reviews, reduction strategies and all critical supply issues
- Build cross functional teams and champion continuous improvement initiatives for cost, quality, and delivery
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures and government regulations
- Foster, manage, and maintain supplier partnerships, and monitor status of work being performed
- Provide sourcing tools for day-to-day purchasing activities to vertical commodity teams
- Visit supplier’s facilities and accurately assess technical capability, equipment, and capacity for rapid deployment of new product development and long term production
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with primary vendor base
Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or technical disciplines
technical procurement and/or supplier management experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Experience reading datasheets, drawings, and blueprints
Strong influencing and customer service skills who are comfortable navigating ambiguity
Collaborating with multiple teams and building strong relationships with stakeholders
Identify opportunities for increased competitive bidding, smarter supplier relationships and more efficient processes. Collaborate with commodity teams to speed up innovation
Proven track record of taking ownership, successfully negotiating preferred pricing and driving results
Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results including conducting all activities with the highest of integrity
Track record of issuing Vendor Pricing Agreements and Long Term Agreements (LTAs)
Ability to read engineering drawing or blueprints
Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills
Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
Must be willing to work extended hours as needed. If you are looking for a standard 9-5 to build your resume and collect a paycheck than this is not the position for you. If you are a proactive self-aware team player with integrity and ambition to build a successful thriving business while making something of yourself than this is the place for you.
Our team is passionate about using technology to advance local sustainable manufacturing supply chains increasing accessibility and transparency working to solve a variety of new and unique challenges, creating new products. We move quickly, use data to drive our decisions, and deliver products and analytics to manufacturing professionals around the world.
If you join our team, you will work on projects that really matter to real people, while developing your own potential, and having a lot of fun.
SYNCFAB at a glance
SYNCFAB focuses on B2B, Manufacturing, Industrial Automation, and Blockchain / Cryptocurrency. Their company has offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.