The Ultimate Cyber Security Weapon
Senior DevOps Engineer
Imagine a world dedicated to Security Without Compromise. Synack, headquartered in Silicon Valley with regional offices around the world, has protected over 100 global organizations by reducing companies’ security risk and increasing their resistance to cyber attack. How do we do this? By utilizing the world’s best and most trusted team of ethical hackers who test through our powerful and controlled platform to deliver real security without compromise. At Synack, we aren’t afraid to think outside the box or take on big challenges. Backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Microsoft, and Google Ventures, Synack's mission is to leverage global security talent coupled with advanced technology to help enterprises discover security vulnerabilities before they become business problems. Discover the possibilities at Synack!
Synack is seeking an awesome DevOps/Infrastructure Automation Engineer with expertise in automated infrastructure build tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and Salt. This role requires hands-on programming and iterative development for various infrastructure components including web stacks, database systems, security tools, and networking/cloud environment configurations. You have deep knowledge of Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services and the networking/security constructs of their Public Cloud environments. You will work closely with the Engineering teams to ensure proper software support, monitoring, and security policies. We understand this is a complex role and do not expect all candidates to possess knowledge of every tool we use--but we do expect the motivation and ability to learn/adapt/overcome challenges with a winning attitude. If you want to be challenged and thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment and love wearing multiple hats, you’ll enjoy this role!
Here’s what you'll do
- Champion infrastructure software automation projects and partner with Engineering, Product Management, and QA to define and execute
- Work as a member of feature teams to deliver on the infrastructure portion of the feature and product
- Predict and deliver improvements to our automated infrastructure components within an Agile methodology, and also recommend and implement alternative tools and new technologies that could better solve our challenges
- Tune automation to overcome systems performance and stability issues
- Create tests around our infrastructure suite to improve reliability
- Monitor the Synack production application while creating new alerts and responding to issues as needed
Here's what you'll need
- 8+ years of experience deploying and supporting scalable and high availability infrastructure utilizing CI/CD tools
- Cloud automation experience using tools such as Terraform, CloudFormations, Ansible, SaltStack in a production setting
- Container Orchestration experience using tools like Kubernetes, Amazon ECS in a production setting
- 8+ years of experience supporting SaaS or PaaS in an GCP or AWS production high-traffic environment (experience with both clouds providers preferred)
- 3+ years of scripting skills in Python or Ruby, preferably both
- Experience with database technologies such as Postgres, Redis, MongoDB, ElasticSearch
- Experience with message broker/queue technologies like RabbitMQ
- Strong background in Linux/Unix
- Experience with event monitoring and alerting tools such as Datadog, Stackdriver, Grafana, Kabana, and Splunk
- Experience automating tasks with advanced scripting skills
Nice to have
- Understand security in a systems environment (What does a kernel-based rootkit look like?)
- A technical degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering. To us, DevOps is a combination of great systems engineering and software engineering
- Experience with side projects where you’ve learned to apply new technologies, frameworks or programming languages
It’s all hands on deck, it’s hard work, it’s winning, it’s Synack. Join us!
Synack is committed to embracing diversity. Our people are our strength. Each addition to our team is an opportunity to grow and diversify our ideas, experiences, and viewpoints. We strive to be inclusive of Race, Ethnicity, Religion, Sex, LGBTQ+, Veterans, Disabilities, and Age. Synack welcomes you!
Best-in-class vulnerability platform
Clear-cut legal framework
Continuous skill sharpening
Transparent, fast payment model
Synack at a glance
Synack focuses on SaaS, Security, Crowdsourcing, Data Security, and Mobile Security. Their company has offices in Austin and Redwood City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Synack has raised $112.25M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.