Programmable platform for analyzing natural human conversations
Developer Advocate lead$80k – $140k
Symbl.ai is an early-stage, venture-backed startup working at the forefront of AI. We are creating the first developer platform for Conversational Intelligence. Our APIs give developers sophisticated tools to integrate conversational AI into any communication or collaboration product and build amazing customer experiences.
We are a team of 24 people working in a highly cohesive and collaborative environment split between Seattle, WA, Boulder CO, and Pune, India. We are looking for someone who can fit into this amazing family of crazy people and work collaboratively with product, engineering, marketing, and the leadership team.
*An ideal candidate would be: *
- Someone who is an enthusiast for new technology, extroverts who are awesome communicators, kickass builders, ready to meet with like-minded devs across the world.
- If you are going to be advocating for developers, put yourself in the end developer’s shoes by trying to master the product and the platform you are advocating for. This is the moment where your engineering skills will be useful.
- You should be able to provide a high-level explanation on how a feature works under the hood, or simply provide some technical insights about the product or the platform they advocate for. Many end developers will ask about this sooner or later, so be prepared.
- You should be able to lay the foundation of developer relations in the company, build a team to champion the community.
- Your primary objective is to drive the developer community towards Symbl.ai – with the goal of making Symbl.ai the #1 platform for developers and ensuring those already developing on Symbl have the best possible experience.
- Your core responsibilities include, but not limited to - engagement with the dev community, supporting the community on all digital channels, developing champions and extending insiders, group.
- You will work with our team to host hackathons, meetups, events and help us build the community of developers.
- You will be responsible to bridge the gap between the developers and the product.
- Development skills - Can code, help code and explain code.
- Knowledgeable about and comfortable with building using at least one programming language stack. You've built things yourself and know what it's like to commit to a repo and ship a release.
- You would be ideally a developer with strong marketing acumen.
- Presenting skills. - The ability to present complex technical ideas to developers and often non-technical audiences.
- Curiosity - Experience of working with AI/NLP is not essential but a demonstrated curiosity about the technology and its impact is critical.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Meet your team
Symbl at a glance
Symbl focuses on Enterprise Software, Machine Learning, Business Productivity, Artificial Intelligence, and Natural Language Processing. Their company has offices in Seattle, Boulder, Pune, and St. Louis. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Symbl has raised $1.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.