Programmable platform for analyzing natural human conversations
Technical Support Engineer$60k – $90k
Symbl.ai is an early-stage, venture-backed startup working at the forefront of AI. We are creating the first developer platform for Conversational Intelligence. Our APIs give developers sophisticated tools to integrate conversational AI into any communication or collaboration product and build amazing customer experiences.
We are a team of 26 people working in a highly cohesive and collaborative environment split between Seattle WA, Boulder CO, and Pune India. We are looking for someone who can fit into this amazing family of crazy people and work collaboratively with product, engineering, marketing, and the leadership team.
As a technical support engineer it is expected of you to provide enterprise-level support to customers. An ideal technical support engineer resume should address their ability to research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve the issues to the clients’ satisfaction.
*You Will- *
- Use your strong technical and diplomatic skills to address customer issues and provide customer feedback to Symbl’s Product and Engineering teams.
- Work with our customers' and partners' developers, architects, and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
- Be ready to assist our customers when they need us. This position may require working an irregular shift, including the weekend (Shifts are subject to change based on evolving team and customer needs).
- Be available to support our customers on holidays to ensure that our customer’s needs are met.
- Collaborate with your teammates and the Symbl’s Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs.
- Review internal knowledge bases to stay current on industry shifts and standards.
- Assist your manager in process improvements by surfacing customer pain points.
We seek developer-oriented technical support engineers with-
- Good knowledge of RESTful technology, previous work with APIs and ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Understanding and experience in either two of these stacks - NodeJS, Python, Java/Spring, BONUS: Understanding of WebRTC and Telephony systems would be a HUGE plus.
- High competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums. Interest in utilizing customer feedback to identify and drive improvements in our products.
- Enthusiasm for interacting and collaborating with other departments within Symbl in your search for the solutions our customers need.
- Ability to stand in the customer’s shoes and demonstrated dedication to the customer experience.
- Advanced time management skills, ability to work well under pressure, and proficiency at developing workflows to increase troubleshooting efficiency while still following standard processes and procedures.
- Excellence in task prioritization and evaluation of situational urgency.
You will work with customers to build unique conversation intelligence use cases built over our complex scalable developer platform for conversation-analysis.
To be qualified for this role, you should hold a degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering. Familiarity with Linux, Mac OS or Windows is a plus. If you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with issues and are able to explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will be a person our customers trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems
Symbl.ai at a glance
Symbl.ai focuses on Enterprise Software, Business Productivity, Developer APIs, and Unifed Communications. Their company has offices in Seattle, Boulder, Poland, and Pune. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Symbl.ai has raised $1.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.