Programmable platform for analyzing natural human conversations
Senior NLP Research Scientist$150k – $200k
Symbl is growing rapidly and seeking a Research Scientist in NLP/Machine Learning Knowledge Graph, to research, design, implement, and optimize novel algorithms/models that lead to novel or improved systems.
- You will create innovative AI solutions to support knowledge discovery, decision-making, and attainment of optimal patient outcomes.
- What you will be doing: Development of novel algorithms and working prototypes / demos based on Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Deep Learning / Machine Learning techniques
- Create solutions related (but not limited) to information extraction, automated question answering, and reasoning using structured / unstructured conversation data on voice, text and video, and other sources
- Stay abreast on the existing literature to align, compare and contrast with the state-of-the-art techniques and algorithms
- Prepare manuscripts for top quality AI / Machine Learning / NLP / API conferences and journals
- Seize opportunities to apply for internal and external research grants
- Working closely with universities, scientific institutions, academic organizations and governmental resources in the capacity of collaborative relationships as needed
- We'd like you to have: Ph. D. in Computer Science or related fields
- Expertise in Artificial Intelligence (Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing)
- Experience in Knowledge Graph, Information Extraction
- Proficiency in Python or Java programming languages
- Experience in Database (SQL, NoSQL, etc.)
- Experience in working under Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with deep learning tools and frameworks (e.g. Keras, TensorFlow, Torch, PyTorch, Theano, Caffe etc.)
- Experience in working with multi-modal and multi-source clinical data is a strong plus
- Strong track record of scientific publications and presentations in top-tier scientific conferences
- Proficiency in software engineering and architecture is a strong plus
- Ability to bridge communication gaps between clinical practice and computer science along with an understanding of patient care workflow in a variety of clinical settings is a strong plus
- Ability to work within a team environment, and should be a quick learner and self-motivated with the ability to plan and execute
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
See you at!
This position will be located in Seattle, but considering the new normal, we are flexible to slowly transition you from a different remote location. Symbl offers benefits and perks aligned to the needs of you and your loved ones. We are a team of 24 people working in a highly cohesive and collaborative environment split between Seattle WA, Boulder CO, and Pune India. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in diversity and that great work can be done from anywhere. We are looking for someone who can fit into this amazing family of builders and working collaboratively with product, engineering, marketing, and the leadership team - and lead us to create a new category of APIs.
Symbl.ai is an early-stage, venture-backed startup working at the forefront of AI. We are creating the first developer platform for Conversational Intelligence. Our APIs give developers sophisticated tools to integrate conversational AI into any communication or collaboration product and build amazing customer experiences.
Meet your team
Symbl at a glance
Symbl focuses on Enterprise Software, Machine Learning, Business Productivity, Artificial Intelligence, and Natural Language Processing. Their company has offices in Seattle, Boulder, Pune, and St. Louis. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Symbl has raised $1.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.