Helping retail brands craft seamless shopping experiences
DevOps Engineer₹12L – ₹18L • 0.01% – 0.1%
At Swym, we help e-commerce brands craft a more seamless experience for shoppers across devices/channels. We are a passionate team of 20+ folks that enjoy creating innovative software and care deeply about making our customers successful. We are on an exciting growth path with over 20,000 marchants live on our platform, and with a real opportunity to build something impactful. We are growing our product development team to keep up with our rapid growth, working on some very fun and challenging problems. If the opportunity to build a robust, internet-scale backend platform with global impact excites you, we'd love to chat.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer with strong background in DevOps and handling traffic & infrastructure at scale to help us take our software deployment capabilities to the next level.
IaaS - Microsoft Azure
Cloud services: Ubuntu VMs, Applicable Gateway Load balancer, CDN, etc.
Data - DocumentDB, MongoDB, Redis (Cache), Blob Storage, MySQL, SQL Azure
Code repo - Github
Others - NewRelic, Uptime monitoring, PaperTrail Log Management
- Love programming: You get a kick out of having machines do your bidding and you are looking to improve your craft
- Experience in Cloud infrastructure, preferably Microsoft Azure ecosystem
- Ensure 99.99% system uptime and smooth operations
- Learn and maintain engineering’s build, deploy, config, metrics, and alerting systems
- Build tools, integrations and services to help engineering team, and automate everything
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Delivery
- Prior experience using a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
Nice to haves:
- Functional programming experience: You do think we are there. You do see the value of functional programming and get excited by code that expresses an idea clearly.
- Prior startup experience - Maybe you’ve been an early employee at another startup, or better yet, you've tried something on your own. That’s awesome - let’s talk!
- Quality - You consistently demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and attention in your approach. You are always looking for ways to improve and promote quality, and leverage data/feedback to improve performance
Experience in cloud deployment, building Automation frameworks, CI/CD, Web application development, Functional Programming, Microsoft Azure, SQL, MySQL,Experience around Monitoring tools like Nagios, Experience around deployment/CI tools like Jenkins
We certainly don't want to waste your time, so we thought it'd be helpful to list some criteria that'll help you evaluate whether we are a good fit for you.
- We are looking for folks that are keen on building the next phase of their career with us and making a mark for themselves. If you are looking for a job as opposed to such an opportunity, we are probably not the right fit.
- Sort of related to #1, but if you are not hungry to learn (and we mean really hungry), you are better off looking elsewhere. And we want to be able to learn from you as well.
- If you are looking for a well-defined, structured role that is prescriptive in terms of your role/responsibilities, we are probably not the right fit. We will expect you to come figure stuff out
- If you are looking for a relatively easy-going job, this is unlikely to be that. In fact, if its not one of the most challenging jobs you've had in your career, we are probably not doing something right.
Thank you for reading this far. If after all these discouraging warnings, you are still keen on talking to us, you might just be our type and we'd love to get to know you better. We can't wait for you to get in touch!