Helping retail brands craft seamless shopping experiences
Product Solutions Engineer₹5L – ₹10L • 0.01% – 0.1%
At Swym, we help e-commerce brands craft a more seamless experience for shoppers across devices/channels. We are a group of over 20 thoughtful and hardworking individuals who are passionate about creating innovative software and care deeply about making our customers successful.
With over 16,000 customers using our platform on a daily basis, we are on an incredibly exciting growth path, and with a real opportunity to build something impactful. We are growing our product development team to keep up with our rapid growth, working on some very fun and challenging problems. If the opportunity to build a robust, internet-scale backend platform with global impact excites you, we'd love to chat.
We are looking for a Product Solutions Engineer to help implement specialized solutions for our customers around the world based on their specific needs, and leveraging our underlying platform interfaces.
We think you'd make an ideal candidate if you:
- Get genuinely excited about helping people. Seriously, if we could only name one trait that defined success in this role, this would be it.
- Love taking on challenging problems and finding creative solutions to those problems. IOW, you think you are an amazing problem-solver
- You are curious by nature and get excited about learning new things
- Consider yourself an outstanding communicator. Your command over the English language is excellent (we do cater to a global audience) and you are able to put down your thoughts really well
- Love technology and believe you are technically savvy but derive even greater joy in breaking down technology to a broad audience in simple terms
- Have an innate ability to balance your creative faculties with a data-driven approach
- A passion for delivering a world-class experience and derive immense pride and satisfaction in helping people succeed
Nice to haves:
Functional programming experience: You do think we are there. You do see the value of functional programming and get excited by code that expresses an idea clearly. If you have prior experience in Clojure, that's just awesome - but even if you don't and are excited about learning the language, we'd LOVE to chat
Profiling/Scaling: Have poked around with New Relic. Looked at query performance/optimization. Used Clustering/Sharding etc.
Prior startup experience - Maybe you’ve been an early employee at another startup, or better yet, you've tried something on your own. That’s awesome - let’s talk!
We certainly don't want to waste your time, so we thought it'd be helpful to list some criteria that'll help you evaluate whether we are a good fit for you.
We are looking for folks that are keen on building the next phase of their career with us and making a mark for themselves. If you are looking for a job as opposed to such an opportunity, we are probably not the right fit.
Sort of related to #1, but if you are not hungry to learn (and we mean really hungry), you are better off looking elsewhere. And we want to be able to learn from you as well.
If you are looking for a well-defined, structured role that is prescriptive in terms of your role/responsibilities, we are probably not the right fit. We will expect you to come figure stuff out with us, as we go.
If you are looking for a stable environment, again, sorry, not us. We are a startup, chaos is a defining characteristic of our existence.
If you are looking for a relatively easy-going job, this is unlikely to be that. In fact, if it is not one of the most challenging jobs you've had in your career, we are probably not doing something right.
We believe in small teams where each team member is fully empowered and equipped to go big. While you'll have plenty of support, it will ultimately be up to you to demonstrate initiative and ownership and get things done. If you don't enjoy taking ownership and driving an initiative from start to finish, we are most certainly not the right fit.
Thank you for reading this far. If after all these discouraging warnings, you are still keen on talking to us, you might just be our type and we'd love to get to know you better. We can't wait for you to get in touch!