Transforming the way the world moves essential supplies
Mechatronic & Design Engineer$50k – $80k • No equity
*About Swoop Aero *
Swoop Aero was founded to transform how the world moves essential supplies. We were the first company globally to deliver a vaccine using a drone under a commercial contract. Since then, we've expanded globally, with drone aeromedical logistics operations in 4 countries.
The work we’re doing is shifting the future of transport. We are having an immediate impact on the lives of people, who live within the communities our operations are conducted in. Lots of companies say they have an impact but we really have one. We’re based in Melbourne but right now we’re operating in developing markets. We’ve got big plans to shift the paradigm in both developing and developed markets.
To do this, we’ve brought together a team of eternally optimistic and resourceful doers to tackle these seemingly insurmountable problems - and make it happen.
The situation and the role
So what next? With our experience and capital backing, we’re working to build our global team and rapidly scale operations across multiple markets. To help us achieve our vision, we’re looking for a passionate Mechatronic engineer whi is driven to push the known boundaries of technology to deliver life-changing logistics.
As a member of the Engineering team, you will continue to develop and push a passionate, high-commitment, high-initiative culture while repidly deploying techniology into the field which makes a genuine impact on people's loves. Every thing you do is contributing to our vision of delivering a world where everyone has equal access to healthcare.
You'll leverage your drive to solve complex problems, passion for continually learning, and earnt skills to apply mechatronic solutions to con solving the worlds biggest problem. Day to day, you'll be:
- Working independently to solve complex problems and contribute to an inclusive, high energy team culture
- Leveraging your experience building phyisical products to take an abstract product concept and bring it to life
- Using your strong SOLIDWORKS skillset to rapidly prototype and validate solutions, then progress them into manufacturing
Skillsets we love
- Prior experience deploying products to the field
- Good working knowledge with CAD software: SOLIDWORKS
- Ability to work is a fast paced, dynamic environments
- Strong work ethic, high-energy and a motivated self started
- High degree of proficiency with program software and language used in embedded systems and robotics
If you believe you match the criteria, are passionate about changing people’s lives and have what it takes to transform the global healthcare supply chain we would love to hear from you!
Please complete the form below and attach a one page CV, and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Swoop Aero at a glance
Swoop Aero focuses on Healthcare, Robotics, Transportation, Aerospace, and Healthcare Services. Their company has offices in Melbourne. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Swoop Aero has raised $300K of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.