Unleashing qualities within our students and teachers to make big leaps
Director of Operations
Swivl is the world leader in classroom video technology with educational products and tools that are easy-to-use, fun to implement, and sustainable for schools. Our award-winning video tools are used for instructional coaching, professional development, distance learning; however, new use cases sprout organically from our growing customer base (50K schools and growing strong!) so we’re looking for a naturally curious and proactive team member who can grow with our business.
We are a distributed team with offices in California & Kiev, Ukraine. While this position is remote, it is preferred that candidates live in the Bay Area.
What You’ll Do
- Define strategy and oversee Customer Success, Training & Implementation, Operations & Support to ensure excellent customer experiences
- Work cross-functionally with Sales and potentially oversee Marketing / Finance to influence through leads
- Understand and help better define customer success & sales operations workflows–including, but not limited to, logistics operations
- De-escalate serious customer issues at your discretion as they arise
- Strategically analyze customer needs and relay data to our product and marketing teams
- Track and determine opportunities for improvement across processes, tooling and data automation to optimize costs and decrease turnaround time for analytics consumers
Who You Are
- 7-10+ years of experience in operations and/or customer success, or marketing
- 2-3+ years of management experience
- Not afraid to jump in on the ground and provide direct support to customers
- Approaches customer experience & resolves challenges with empathy
- Curiosity and capability to grow into a more senior role over time
Nice To Haves…
- MBA / Masters in management, operations or deep experience in those fields
- Previous startup experience (even better if EdTech!)
- Deep experience in/passion for K-12 and/or higher education
- Prior experience in consumer electronics or SaaS
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare package, 401K & stock options
- Flexible working hours to beat the traffic & a short walk to the Menlo Park Caltrain
- Lunches delivered most days of the week and endless snacks (post COVID)
- Company happy hours and events (virtual during COVID-19)
- A meaningful role on a collaborative team composed of mission-driven individuals
Swivl celebrates the diversity, equity & inclusion of our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other protected characteristic.
If interested, please apply at the link below via BreezyHR: https://swivl.breezy.hr/p/7694eecf20ac-director-of-operations
Swivl at a glance
Swivl focuses on SaaS, Video, Education, and Robotics. Their company has offices in Silicon Valley. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Swivl has raised $4.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2015.