Unleashing qualities within our students and teachers to make big leaps
Swivl ([swivl.com]) is the world leader in classroom video technology with educational products and tools that are easy-to-use, fun to implement, and sustainable for schools. Our award-winning video tools are used for instructional coaching, professional development, distance learning; however, new use cases sprout organically from our growing customer base (50K schools and growing strong!). We’re looking for a naturally curious and proactive Product Manager who can grow with our business and support our growing portfolio of consumer and SaaS products that support a range of applications in education.
We are a distributed team with offices in Menlo Park, California & Kiev, Ukraine. This position is primarily remote within the US, with future opportunities for in-person collaboration in our Menlo Park, CA or Denver/Boulder, CO office.
What You’ll Do:
- Become an expert within the education space and understand our audience and users
- Analyze consumer needs and current market trends to set product vision, develop new products, and launch improvements to the existing experience
- Utilize user research methodology to determine the best testing methods to gather regular product insights
- Drive the development of our product lifecycle processes, including user research, competitive analysis, product definition, software development, and product marketing
- Work closely with our US and Kiev-based development and success teams on several software platform incubation development projects
- Collaborate closely with engineering, sales, marketing teams, design, and data science teams on the development and release strategies including soft launches & product update rollouts
Who You Are:
- 5+ years product manager experience
- Growth mindset and comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience launching and managing high impact product portfolios
- Experience with cross-functional partnership across engineering, design, sales, marketing, and support
- Familiar with product management tools (e.g. Jira and Agile), processes, and frameworks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with fast-paced startup environments
- Ability to work with dynamic, intense startup founders and build executive relationships
Nice To Haves...
- Basic familiarity with the education market and hardware development
- Passion for education industry, either K-12 or higher education
- Knowledge of podcasting & the podcasting industry
- Previous startup experience (even better if EdTech!)
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare package, 401K and stock options
- Flexible working hours to beat the traffic and a short walk to the Menlo Park Caltrain
- Lunches delivered most days of the week and endless snacks (post COVID)
- Company happy hours and events (virtual during COVID-19)
- A meaningful role on a collaborative team composed of mission-driven individuals
Swivl celebrates the diversity, equity and inclusion of our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other protected characteristic.
*If interested, please apply through BreezyHR via this link: * https://swivl.breezy.hr/p/0e0ee782b606
Swivl at a glance
Swivl focuses on SaaS, Video, Education, and Robotics. Their company has offices in Silicon Valley. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Swivl has raised $4.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2015.