Change minds with data
Senior Web Engineer (front-end or full-stack)$90k – $150k • 0.0% – 1.0%
Swayable is looking for a Senior Web Engineer to build new features, advance our core products, and work closely with our small but growing team to design solutions to novel problems across the spectrum of software engineering, data science, and product development.
A Senior Web Engineer at Swayable builds across the stack of our web applications: Node and MongoDB on the server, Vue.js in the client, and Python in the data science engine. In a typical week, they will develop and test new features in collaboration with the engineering team and participate in rapid prototyping to address new customer needs. They will review code and contribute to internal tools that optimize our processes. They will work with all members of the organization to solve problems and continuously improve our processes.
This position is based in San Francisco or New York City, although we are working remotely during the pandemic caused by COVID-19 and are open to relocating the right candidate when it is once again safe to work in person.
As a small but growing organization, every employee has a large degree of independence and responsibility. The Senior Web Engineer will report to our CTO and work within our Scrum-lite work cycles but must be flexible and self-directed enough to get work done on their own.
• You’ve been building web applications professionally for 3+ years.
• You’ve worked with or have interest in learning data visualization frameworks such as Chart.JS and D3.JS.
• You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions.
• You believe in the scientific method and prefer to use data to drive decisions rather than opinion or anecdotal experience.
• You are an adept learner and willing to adopt and adapt to new technologies.
• You are able to give and receive informed, actionable feedback on both technical and non-technical skills.
• You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
• You are a strong communicator, especially in text. You are comfortable explaining complex technical concepts, writing documentation, and discussing the tradeoffs of different implementations.
• You understand that the perfect solution is informed by the people who will be building on your work, rather than being purely dependent on technical merits. Empathy is a feature.
• You have a bachelor's degree, extensive professional training, or work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field.
Swayable predicts how effectively media content changes minds using randomized controlled trials and machine learning. Our clients are dramatically increasing the impact of the stories they tell about the world's most important issues.
We are a mission driven organization; regularly working with advocacy organizations on some of the most important issues facing society today.
We provide 100% medical insurance and generous PTO.
Meet your team
100% of health, dental, and vision premiums paid.
Every full-time employee has equity.
We have recognize 16 company-wide holidays per year. In addition, each employee has 3-6 weeks of PTO, based on tenure.
We encourage employees to volunteer and we recognize election day, and the day before as company holidays.