A multi-zone cool-to-cook Kitchen Robot
Firmware Engineer for Revolutionary Kitchen Appliance
Do you also love gourmet meals, cooking and technology in the kitchen? Come join a passionate group of startup engineers, chefs and technologists in our Cambridge test labs who are working to revolutionize dinner with the Suvie Smart WiFi Kitchen Robot Refrigerator and Cooker. We’re on a mission to provide our customers gourmet, restaurant quality meals with zero effort.
We are looking for a driven and creative firmware engineer with a passion for software design who can thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. Our ideal candidate is execution-oriented and has great attention to detail. As a firmware engineer, you will be responsible for building and supporting the firmware for our flagship product and will report directly to our CTO, a former Apple engineer. While your main focus will be working on Suvie’s firmware, we are looking for someone with a passion for coding generally, who may be interested in learning and helping to support our varying software products including our website or mobile app.
While not a requirement extra consideration will be given to firmware engineers with electrical engineering experience. Additionally, we understand that great candidates can have varying levels of professional / educational experience so if you have a passion for coding and personal experience developing products, please do reach out.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and improve existing firmware written in C++
- Work with CTO to architect and implement firmware for future versions of the Suvie appliance
- Implement quality control features such as automated testing
- Oversee design and execution of PCB design
- Travel as needed (up to 25%)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science Engineering from an accredited university
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Professional or classroom experience building a product as part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team
- Electronics or embedded systems experience (Particle, Arduino, Electric Imp, MSP430, etc)
- Experience working with and debugging I2C / SPI / UART protocols
- Experience with the Particle.io IoT Platform
- Developed firmware for a shipped consumer product
- Experience writing software for IoT connected devices
- Our firmware is largely C++14 so please have experience with current C++ features such as lambda’s, member initialization lists, etc.
- Extra consideration will be given to candidates that speak Chinese
Suvie is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Suvie at a glance
Suvie focuses on Mobile, Food and Beverages, Smart Home, and Food Tech. Their company has offices in Cambridge. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.suvie.com