Local group chat community
Brand and Growth Marketing Manager$65k – $90k • 0.1% – 0.5%
Superlocal, formerly Pop, is the real-world community social network. We are a digital tool that empowers you to feel safer by making you feel like a true part of your real-world community. We are where you come when you want to be connected with your local community, get local news updates, and learn more about the things you care about.
Superlocal is looking for its first Brand and Growth Marketing Manager. As the first marketer at Superlocal, you will be involved in laying the groundwork for all marketing efforts, from brainstorming to launch to ultimately growing the team. The ideal candidate will combine methodical, yet scrappy, and be extremely knowledgeable in community building.
We are looking for a candidate that is constantly learning, is curious about everything, and comes up with creative solutions to challenging problems.
What you will get to do when you join Team Superlocal
- Develop a brand & communications strategy for Superlocal.
- Test and define brand messaging for key audiences.
- Identify and launch a content strategy to generate awareness and engagement with Superlocal brand and products.
- Launch initiatives that tell the Superlocal story. Think branding, PR & content.
- Research, ideate, and help envision the future of the Superlocal brand.
- Test, learn, and iterate on everything you do.
Here's what we're looking for
- 2+ years of experience in consumer-internet marketing.
- Strong experience with consumer digital products and brands.
- Experience building and growing consumer brands through content & community.
- Familiarity working with cross-functional teams & external partners.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to translate complex marketing issues into easily understood terms in order to articulate the value of marketing to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- A user-centric approach and love to think holistically about solving customer needs based on both qualitative and quantitative research.
- High comfort level with customer discovery, in-person interviews, as well as data (e.g. user surveys, statistics, funnel analytics) to continuously improve the user experience.
- Entrepreneurial and risk-oriented, with an understanding of the dynamics of small, high-growth companies, and the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Passionate, driven, generous and a motivated self-starter, with deep collaboration skills and EQ.
Experience launching new brands and products.
Experience with brand identity and visual design.