Online community for hedge fund, mutual fund, and private equity analysts/PM's
Lead Developer$120k – $160k
SumZero is hiring a Lead Developer to join our dedicated, internal engineering team. The Lead Dev will help lead an existing team of 3 full-stack engineers, and coordinate the development and on-time delivery of product to the SumZero platform. The Lead Dev will also help coordinate and direct the efforts of our in-house data analyst.
Success in the role is defined not just by solving challenging engineering problems directly, but also the effective leadership and development of more junior-level members of the team, including new hires.
Working closely with key business team members (including data, sales & marketing), the Lead Dev plays a vital role in the development of the product roadmap and long-term vision for the company. The Lead Dev should be able to translate the business strategy into clearly defined product requirements for the engineering team.
This position requires regular involvement with customer support issues. A willingness to dive deeply into the product by experiencing it through the user’s perspective is a must.
Strong experience and excellent knowledge in AWS as well as infrastructure-as-code and configuration management tools are required. The Lead Dev should continuously test and make improvements to our system integrity, implementation design, and various processes related to infrastructure.
About the SumZero Tech Stack:
● Main Web App: React, Apollo (GraphQL), Rails, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Docker, AWS
● Microservices: Rails, Express, Docker, AWS
● Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
● Foster good engineering and coding practices within the team.
● Identify areas of improvement and encourage growth.
● Maintain and improve our AWS infrastructure.
● Own and architect our microservices that support our main web application.
● Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper documentation.
● Deliver readable, maintainable, and tested code.
● Create, track, and manage project workflow and backlog.
● Research and follow industry trends and emerging technologies, and assess potential value of their application.
● Collaborate with other engineers and business stakeholders to tackle interesting problems.
● 4+ years of industry experience in programming.
● Solid understanding of Amazon Web Services and virtualized infrastructures (VPC, EC2, S3, ALB, SQS, etc).
● Excellent proficiency with infrastructure as code tools, such as Terraform.
● Experience with SQL databases (i.e. MySql, PostgreSQL).
● Familiarity with Docker and container orchestration.
● Familiarity with continuous integration tools, such as CircleCI.
Nice to Haves:
● Experience leading a team of engineers.
● Experience with React, GraphQL, Elastic Search, and Redis.
● Experience with backend frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Django, or Revel.
To Apply: Please contact email@example.com for further information about this role.
SumZero at a glance
SumZero focuses on Social Media, Investment Management, Hedge Funds, and Finance Technology. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, SumZero has raised $2.05M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2012.