Partner with Operations & IT experts to build on our in-house, cutting edge technology
Senior Developer$110k – $130k
As a Senior Developer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and testing of various parts of Success Academy’s platforms and evaluate 3rd-party and open-source software and technology that can be incorporated. You will participate in our weekly sprint planning meetings and help write, estimate, and prioritize stories.
You will be accountable for writing clean, maintainable code with good test coverage, following our standards for code management and deployment, and for leading other team members to ensure product quality and deadline targets are met.
You will be consulted on platform design and product feature decisions as well as on how we can improve the way we work and new technologies we may be able to leverage. You are encouraged to bring new ideas to the table. We're looking for people who have deep expertise in some areas, yet recognize they have a lot to learn in others.
An ideal candidate will demonstrate competency in the following areas:
• Server / backend systems design and development experience
• Experience with object-oriented and asynchronous programming
• Very strong programming skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to understand, articulate, and critique requirements
• Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
• Strong communication and team collaboration skills
Preferred (but not required) qualifications also include:
• Experience in a fast paced / customer centered agile startup environment
• Previous experience at a software company that focused on video, audio, and document storage and distribution technology
• Experience with scalable cloud deployment environments such as AWS and Rackspace
Please access full job description and apply here: jobs.successacademies.org/job/5818625/senior-developer-new-york-ny
Success Academy Charter Schools at a glance
Success Academy Charter Schools focuses on Education, Technology, K-12 Education, and Operations . Their company has offices in New York City. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.successcareers.org