Customer Engineer$90k – $140k • 0.013% – 0.05%
strongDM is a customer-first company that has a rabid fan base. When was the last time you heard things like:
- *Splunk's CISO Joel Fulton says "strongDM gives you what you can’t get any other way -- the ability to see what happens, replay and analyze incidents."
- Chef's co-founder Adam Jacob says "strongDM takes the friction out of getting staff access to the systems they need."*
Customers love us because:
The product rocks: strongDM fundamentally changes the relationship between InfoSec, DevOps, and end users. Enforce the controls security needs while making it easier to facilitate access.
They can trust us: We built a technical product for technical buyers. We do not use jargon. There is no alternative but to always be technically accurate. We are not afraid to admit product gaps.
We’re real humans: We built a serious product without taking ourselves too seriously. Each member of the team is deadly good at their job, and yet we crack jokes on the phone with customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The Customer Engineer will be responsible for supporting strongDM customers in setting up, maintaining and improving their strongDM deployment. The right person for this role is a consultative troubleshooter who can successfully empathize with their customer and assist them in maintaining and expanding their strongDM environment.
- Track and address customer issues through entire support lifecycle, from logging to reproduction to resolution
- Communicate regularly with customers via written updates and live screen share sessions
- Provide expert guidance on DevOps concepts, including infrastructure architecture across cloud and on-premise environments, IT operations, security, and development technologies and processes
- Learn and deploy new technologies as part of prototyping and reproducing reported issues
- Author and update customer documentation, internal onboarding documents, and customer-centric blog posts
- Familiarity with databases (modern and legacy), servers (Linux & Windows), networking, Docker, Kubernetes
- Deep experience with one or more of the following cloud providers: Azure, GCP, AWS
- 5+ years in Security or Infrastructure
- Professional experience interacting with clients and customers
- Confident voice in technical writing and communication
- Industry-standard base
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k, HSA, FSA, short / long-term disability
- 3 month parental leave
- 3 weeks PTO + standard holidays
- Equity in a fast-growing startup
- No travel required
To apply, please visit us here: https://jobs.lever.co/strongdm/e4bd3cf4-40f4-4b39-a52e-a93c70b6ff40?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=angellist
We're parents too and understand how important it is to offer great health, vision, dental.
Always dreamed of living on a farm? Sick of commutes? Our team collaborates remotely.
3 weeks pto
Startup life is intense so we want you to unplug and actually enjoy vacation when you want.
strongDM at a glance
strongDM focuses on Information Security. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, strongDM has raised $4.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2018.