A new, comprehensive and clean standard for online payment processing
Technical Program Manager, Cards
We want to make it simple for businesses to accept money from any customer in the world. Credit and debit cards are very popular ways to pay online and offline, and there are many global and local card brands that users want Stripe to support. The Cards team, along with counterpart engineering teams around the world, builds and operates how cards work on the internet. You would be responsible for directly increasing the GDP of the internet by:
- Adding new card payment methods: You’ll help internet merchants reach 100Ms more consumers by supporting global cards like Visa, Mastercard, and Amex and local networks like Elo in Brazil, Girocard in Germany, and RuPay in India. You’ll work with the Terminal team to enable in-person transactions as well.
- Improve cards experience: You’ll make cards work seamlessly with all Stripe products, available to all merchants, improve latency and availability, and have all card methods default ready to use for all merchants.
- Launch Stripe in more markets: You will enable millions of businesses to use our financial infrastructure for cards.
You will work with our Product, Engineering, Operations, Partnerships, Regulatory, Financial Crimes, Tax, Risk, and Global teams. This role will give you a unique opportunity to lay the foundations to help Stripe for years to come.
This work requires both project management across internal and external teams as well as strategic thinking and problem solving so we can improve how we build and maintain card integrations.
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You are not satisfied with just delivering a program on time—you are discerning about product quality and obsessed with product impact.
- You have led the delivery of important company-wide, software engineering initiatives.
- You can easily interface with Engineering and business owners for requirements and scope.
- You have a track record of providing program management during all phases of an engineering program: ideation, design, development, testing and release.
- You have the capacity to be accountable for and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- You are able to own communication and maintain cross-functional relationships with stakeholders and teams around the organization.
- You can drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- You help drive product decisions to align with broader company strategy.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
A strong candidate will have a number of these qualifications:
- 3-5+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience in Program Management on technical cross-functional projects.
- Experience operating autonomously and leading across multiple teams, with stakeholders in different disciplines across time zones.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and thought leadership.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience working on products with a global footprint.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people from various backgrounds with broad technical skills. Stripes take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and empowering entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We contribute to open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues well. The kind of people who commit to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a diverse organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
We offer comprehensive mental, physical, and medical health plans, supporting Stripes’ financial futures, providing fertility benefits and parental leave.
A principled approach to food
Our food program work with local ingredients and grows a global team through sustainable food practices and minimal waste.
Growth by the way of learning
We are voracious learners and teachers. Our Education team delivers an onboarding and product training curriculum for all new Stripes, and hosts expert-led courses on things like project management fundamentals and macroeconomics.
Stripe at a glance
Stripe focuses on Internet, SaaS, Payments, Developer APIs, and Software. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, New York, Chicago, and Seattle. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Stripe has raised $1.638B of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2020.