A new, comprehensive and clean standard for online payment processing
Python Infrastructure, Developer Productivity
The Developer Productivity group is responsible for making Stripe’s developers happy and productive. We work on tools, processes, and code refactoring to accelerate Stripe engineering as Stripe scales.
We’re looking for people with a strong background in and interest in building language processing tools and language specific developer tools. The ideal candidate will have a mix of technical expertise in language processing, a passion for solving developer experience problems, and a pragmatic ability to ship results iteratively.
- Work with a team of technically sophisticated engineers who make developer experience their first priority.
- Solve problems for fellow Stripe engineers by understanding their needs and coming up with both short term workarounds and long term solutions.
- Use both qualitative and quantitative metrics to determine priorities and measure effectiveness.
- Deliver practical, useful, and reliable tools, processes, and code refactorings to Stripe engineers.
- Work with stakeholders across Stripe to balance and accommodate competing desires.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy and have experience building language processing tools, especially those that consist of or leverage static type systems.
- Are comfortable writing code in multiple languages while having a passion for making life great for Python developers
- Are passionate about developer experience.
- Are results driven and pragmatic.
- Thrive in a collaborative and diverse environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
You might work on:
- Python dependency management simplification and the ability to use dependencies across platforms.
- Applying code formatting and type checking automatically to Python.
- Improve IDE functionality for Python development.
We offer comprehensive mental, physical, and medical health plans, supporting Stripes’ financial futures, providing fertility benefits and parental leave.
A principled approach to food
Our food program work with local ingredients and grows a global team through sustainable food practices and minimal waste.
Growth by the way of learning
We are voracious learners and teachers. Our Education team delivers an onboarding and product training curriculum for all new Stripes, and hosts expert-led courses on things like project management fundamentals and macroeconomics.
Stripe at a glance
Stripe focuses on Internet, SaaS, Payments, Developer APIs, and Software. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, New York, Chicago, and Seattle. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Stripe has raised $838M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $35B.