A new, comprehensive and clean standard for online payment processing
Program Manager, Accounting
Stripe is building a world class Controllership team. We are looking for a proven leader to drive the implementation of a robust program management function within Stripe’s Accounting organization. This leader will have extensive financial reporting, SOX compliance and technology experience and be excited to build and maintain a strong control environment at Stripe. The ideal candidate will have experience working within a high-growth organization and influencing and educating senior systems and engineering leaders on the concepts of IT general and application controls. This role is based in Seattle.
This program management position within the Accounting organization to help design and implement robust financial processes and systems. Our mission is to support Stripe by reducing financial risk, increasing financial efficiency, and improving our financial information. The program manager will work closely with the product and engineering teams on new business launches, and interface with global financial systems team, accounting operations teams, tax, legal, finance, treasury, account management, and others to understand the financial impact and requirements of Stripe’s products and services. The program manager will work with these functional partner teams and engineering teams to operationalize new business models, compliance requirements, global expansion and financial control and process improvements.
*You will: *
- Support the launch of new products or offerings and setup of related business systems through the entire program lifecycle: feasibility through scoping, requirements definition through specification, launch, change management in transitioning to new processes and production support
- Work independently to develop and collect finance-related business requirements, review specifications, analyze cost/benefit of selecting particular features, and communicate results throughout the organization.
- Provide project task and issue management to drive clear project priorities and coordination with internal teams representing the business, engineering, operations, product, finance, legal, accounting, tax, and account management, as well as establish clear chains of project management and accountability across multiple geographic locations
- Work cross-functionally to define, test, and cutover to new processes and systems that reduce financial risk, increase financial efficiency, and improve financial information within Stripe.
- Effectively communicate and function to identify where resources or appropriate management attention/support is needed
- Build processes and methodology to create predictable and repeatable project management for new business launches in Stripe, ensure that best practices are identified, implemented, shared and followed, and identify metrics that help us drive action to control financial and operational risks related to new launches.
You must have:
- 7+ years of relevant experience in program management, accounting, or finance
- Demonstrated experience communicating financial concepts and processes in writing to cross-functional audiences
- Experience of system and process design
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Desire to exceed expectations and drive positive change in the organization
- Working understanding of an Internal control framework and a solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency
*You might have: *
- CPA or similar qualification
- Experience using SQL to self-service information
- Previous experience as an accountant in a high-growth environment
- Experience with translating accounting conclusions into operational processes
- A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operation and accounting challenges
We offer comprehensive mental, physical, and medical health plans, supporting Stripes’ financial futures, providing fertility benefits and parental leave.
A principled approach to food
Our food program work with local ingredients and grows a global team through sustainable food practices and minimal waste.
Growth by the way of learning
We are voracious learners and teachers. Our Education team delivers an onboarding and product training curriculum for all new Stripes, and hosts expert-led courses on things like project management fundamentals and macroeconomics.
Stripe at a glance
Stripe focuses on Internet, SaaS, Payments, Developer APIs, and Software. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, New York, Chicago, and Seattle. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Stripe has raised $1.638B of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2020.