A new, comprehensive and clean standard for online payment processing
Technical Program Manager, Connect
Stripe is working on making the global financial system programmable. This is one of the largest opportunities for impact in the history of computing, on par with the rise of modern operating systems. At the core of this effort is our Stripe Connect product. Connect is programmable infrastructure that allows Stripe users to offer Stripe payments products to their customers, build out a marketplace on top of Stripe, and pay out sellers or service providers globally. Connect makes it easy for users to onboard and verify their customers or service providers, accept payments, flexibly route funds, and manage their accounts.
As a TPM in Connect Products, you will be responsible for leading cross-functional initiatives that truly span across the company. You’ll be mentoring engineering and product managers on maintaining scalable organizational processes, and help communicate across a rapidly growing organization. You’ll be focused on fast moving product and engineering areas, and driving programs to build both API-based and workflow-oriented products in one of Stripe’s most strategic product areas.
Qualifications for a strong candidate
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- You are not satisfied with just delivering a program on time—you are discerning about product/infrastructure architecture and obsessed with quality, reliability & correctness.
- You have a track record of providing program management during all phases of software development from kick-off to ship, demonstrating critical thinking and thought leadership.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, building strong relationships with stakeholders and teams around the organization.
- You can drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Experience operating autonomously and leading large-scale efforts across multiple teams and functions, with stakeholders in different disciplines across time zones.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale platforms, infrastructure and organizations.
- Experience leading initiatives with a global footprint having built APIs, products, and complex systems/infrastructure at scale.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
We offer comprehensive mental, physical, and medical health plans, supporting Stripes’ financial futures, providing fertility benefits and parental leave.
A principled approach to food
Our food program work with local ingredients and grows a global team through sustainable food practices and minimal waste.
Growth by the way of learning
We are voracious learners and teachers. Our Education team delivers an onboarding and product training curriculum for all new Stripes, and hosts expert-led courses on things like project management fundamentals and macroeconomics.
Stripe at a glance
Stripe focuses on Internet, SaaS, Payments, Developer APIs, and Software. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, New York, Chicago, and Seattle. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Stripe has raised $1.638B of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2020.