A new, comprehensive and clean standard for online payment processing
Product Marketing Manager, SaaS Platforms Solutions
Platforms like Shopify for retailers, Toast for restaurants, or Mindbody for fitness centers are becoming the infrastructure on which online and offline businesses are built. We’re looking for a product marketer to accelerate the growth of Stripe’s solutions for SaaS platforms. You’ll work cross-functionally to define our target segments and multi-product offering. You’ll also partner with Sales and Marketing on campaigns and programs to grow awareness, adoption, and retention of our products, including responsibility for monitoring and leading our overall user funnel.
Our Product Marketing team’s mission is to generate customer insights that inform Stripe’s product strategy, lead go-to-market for our suite of products, and build and execute campaigns to drive product growth. Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role at Stripe, partnering closely with Product and Engineering, Sales, Design, Developer Relations, and Communications to name a few. This product marketer will combine our mission to connect our users and products with cross-functional responsibility for revenue and growth goals.
- A storyteller. You have deep empathy for users and are able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage your audience—from developer to CFO—and differentiate Stripe. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Data-oriented. You like working with data and insights and pair that with your passion for users to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view for how to take our products to market
- Organized. You are able to lead highly interdependent, complex projects and keep various workstreams on track
- Passionate about technology. You are keen to learn about how things work and are able to explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand
- Ambitious. You are eager to make an impact at Stripe. You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, hyper-growth environment and are able to operate fluidly between the 30,000-foot strategy level and the micro-detail to get things right
- A great teammate. Product Marketers collaborates across the Marketing team and with basically every team at Stripe. You are able to work with a range of disciplines to execute on your work
- Segment our users by deeply understanding SaaS platform customers, their end-users, and their needs. You will talk regularly to users and prospects and work with Data Science and GTM teams for qualitative and quantitative insights
- Define our multi-product solution for each segment, and partner with the rest of the PMM team to build positioning, sales playbooks, sales enablement, and marketing assets to target these sub segments
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams—sales, partner managers, marketing, and comms—to craft thoughtful go-to-market strategies and drive growth initiatives with the goal of creating more value for Stripe’s users and Stripe
- Work with Partner Marketing and Growth Marketing teams on both scale and custom initiatives and campaigns to drive product attach and growth with SaaS platforms
- Define key KPIs and funnel metrics and partner with Data Science to implement tracking and reporting
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be knowledgable about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert for SaaS platforms
Our ideal candidate will have
- 6+ years of relevant work experience that can span marketing, product marketing, product management, operational roles, or strategy consulting
- At least 3-5 years of marketing or go-to-market experience
- Experience working on marketing or growth throughout a product’s lifecycle
- Experience working in B2B settings and with sales teams
- Knowledge of SaaS platforms is helpful, but not required
- We don’t expect you to have all these things (but the more the merrier!)
We offer comprehensive mental, physical, and medical health plans, supporting Stripes’ financial futures, providing fertility benefits and parental leave.
A principled approach to food
Our food program work with local ingredients and grows a global team through sustainable food practices and minimal waste.
Growth by the way of learning
We are voracious learners and teachers. Our Education team delivers an onboarding and product training curriculum for all new Stripes, and hosts expert-led courses on things like project management fundamentals and macroeconomics.
Stripe at a glance
Stripe focuses on Internet, SaaS, Payments, Developer APIs, and Software. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, New York, Chicago, and Seattle. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Stripe has raised $1.638B of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2020.