A new, comprehensive and clean standard for online payment processing
Product Marketing Manager, Self-Serve Growth
Help millions of self-serve customers choose and get the most value from Stripe’s products.
Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role at Stripe, partnering closely with Product and Engineering, other Marketing teams, Sales, Design, Developer Relations, and Communications to name a few. Different from many other Product Marketing teams, our team works across the entire product lifecycle, from helping shape the product, to driving launch and commercialization, to growing product adoption post-launch. We generate customer insights, drive go-to-market, and craft and execute campaigns and experiments to drive growth.
We’re looking for an analytical and customer-obsessed product marketer to grow and optimize our self-serve business. Many startup founders, technical PMs, or developers decide whether Stripe is right for them and integrate with our APIs without ever talking to someone at the company. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about experimenting with a myriad ways to improve the experience of evaluating Stripe’s products, signing up for an account, and going live with accepting payments for our self-serve customers.
In this role, you’ll partner closely with cross-functional teams to identify, prioritize, and design experiments and improvements to optimize the customer journey. You’ll build new experiences that provide the right content and context for decision makers, as well as optimize existing experiences using insights and research. With the technical nature of Stripe’s platform and products, only a handful of these improvements will be low-hanging fruit; many will require creative thinking and deep customer empathy to balance user experience and driving business outcomes. If this sounds like a challenge you’re excited about, we’d love to hear from you.
- Data oriented. You like working with data and insights and pair that with your passion for users to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view for how to take our products to market. You like spotting anomalies and investigating to unpack what caused them. (SQL knowledge a plus!)
- Customer oriented. You ground what you do in first-hand customer understanding. You do research, talk to users, and use these insights to advise cross-functional partners and infuse the right content and context in the customer experiences you build
- A great teammate. Product Marketers collaborates across the Marketing team and with basically every team at Stripe. You are able to work with a range of subject areas to execute on your work. This role is incredibly cross-functional and has mutual dependencies on product and engineering teams.
- Organized. You are able to run highly interdependent, complex projects and keep various workstreams on track. You can be trusted to get things done, work quickly, and optimize for iterating based on findings at every step.
- Ambitious. You are eager to make an impact at Stripe. You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic, hyper-growth environment and are able to operate fluidly between the 30,000-foot strategy level and the micro-detail to get things right
- Passionate about technology. You are keen to learn about how things work and are able to explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand
- Tasteful. You have deep empathy for busy founders and discerning developers and can balance driving growth for Stripe while holding an excellent user experience as your north star
- Track the right metrics, analyze data, and deeply understand our customer journeys to identify areas of opportunity, executing experiments in highly cross-functional environments, and an ownership mentality toward outputs
- Generate hypotheses and work with cross-functional teams to design and execute experiments to improve self-serve growth
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product managers, engineering, design, UX research, other marketers—to develop compelling experiences on our website, dashboard, and docs
- Consider new, creative approaches to have impact on core metrics—bundling, price experimentation, email marketing, in-product promotion, and much more
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert across the new user experience to help shape the product roadmap and strategy
- Collaborate closely with teams like Demand Generation, Lifecycle Marketing, Product Marketing, and Product teams to create consistency in the campaigns and experiences across different stages of the funnel
- Think globally as we work to expand our solutions around the world, adapting your understanding of local market needs, competitors and pricing accordingly
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience that can span marketing, product marketing, growth marketing, product management, operational roles, or strategy consulting
- At least 3-5 years of marketing or go-to-market experience
- Experience working on marketing or growth throughout a product's lifecycle
- Experience working in B2B settings and with sales teams
- Experience working with the startup founder or developer audience is preferred but not required
We don’t expect you to have all these things (but the more the merrier!).
We offer comprehensive mental, physical, and medical health plans, supporting Stripes’ financial futures, providing fertility benefits and parental leave.
A principled approach to food
Our food program work with local ingredients and grows a global team through sustainable food practices and minimal waste.
Growth by the way of learning
We are voracious learners and teachers. Our Education team delivers an onboarding and product training curriculum for all new Stripes, and hosts expert-led courses on things like project management fundamentals and macroeconomics.
Stripe at a glance
Stripe focuses on Internet, SaaS, Payments, Developer APIs, and Software. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, New York, Chicago, and Seattle. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Stripe has raised $1.638B of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2020.