A new, comprehensive and clean standard for online payment processing
Training Program Manager, Operations Platform
As a Training Program Manager on the Operations Platform team, you will be building the infrastructure to help our Operations (i.e. Customer Experience) organization scale. We’re responsible for the Stripe experience of our customers and our 1k+ customer support specialists. Our Training team owns the strategy for how we should enable all of our support specialists, and is responsible for delivering that strategy through direct development and delivery of training, as well as through partnerships with others in the organization who can develop and deliver training. We care deeply about creating an effective training experience that enables our agents to provide a great support experience to our customers.
Set the vision and strategy for the Stripe Operations training program
- Collaborate with Ops career path owner and other key stakeholders to propose what goals the training program should accomplish and how to tactically accomplish them, using a metrics-driven approach
- Consider and include a variety of training topics, such as product training, tooling training, soft skills training, etc.
Collaborate with others across Operations to deliver your vision
- Partner with SMEs across the organization to get relevant modules developed and delivered, in accordance with the strategy you set out
- Consult on training best practices when others are developing and delivering the training modules
Personally develop and deliver high-priority training modules
- Analyze our metrics data to evaluate what are the high-priority topics that would benefit from development of new training modules
- Prioritize the needs and get buy-in from key stakeholders
- Develop and roll out the training
- Track and report on success metrics, for both the training you personally develop and for that which is delivered by others
People who should apply:
- Have 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably at a technology company, with a track record of top performance
- Have a track record of leading and proactively managing end-to-end execution of training programs that have transformed their company’s operations and delivered quantifiable business impact
- Have hands-on experience developing training modules, ideally for a variety of mediums (in-person instruction, virtual live, elearning)
- Can manage multiple stakeholders with varying priorities at once and drive creative solutions and commitment to a shared goal
- Enjoy digging in to understand how new-to-you technical products work, and understanding customer and agent pain points
- Ability to understand Stripe’s API in the context of what our specialists need to answer users questions
- Have strong critical thinking and data-analysis skills (e.g. ability to navigate large data sets)
- Have the ability to identify repeated customer and specialist-facing issues and build scalable trainings to address them
- Enjoy solving complex and hard problems and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Like working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment and has the horsepower to balance multiple priorities
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills with a precise talent for articulating complex topics in an easy-to-consume way
- Experience with SQL or willingness to learn
Nice to have (or excited to learn):
- A familiarity with APIs
- Experience in a high growth technology company
- Experience in other customer-facing roles (e.g. customer support, sales, etc) that require time-sensitive responses
We offer comprehensive mental, physical, and medical health plans, supporting Stripes’ financial futures, providing fertility benefits and parental leave.
A principled approach to food
Our food program work with local ingredients and grows a global team through sustainable food practices and minimal waste.
Growth by the way of learning
We are voracious learners and teachers. Our Education team delivers an onboarding and product training curriculum for all new Stripes, and hosts expert-led courses on things like project management fundamentals and macroeconomics.
Stripe at a glance
Stripe focuses on Internet, SaaS, Payments, Developer APIs, and Software. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, New York, Chicago, and Seattle. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Stripe has raised $1.638B of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2020.