#1 US marketplace for experiential travel - tours, adventures, and expert-planned trips
UX Designer$40k – $80k • 0.1% – 2.0%
Travelstride is a fast-growing Venture-funded Seed stage company led by industry & startup veterans that is serving a large, long-term growing opportunity.
Travelstride is the world’s largest community marketplace for tours & adventure trips. We host more than 50,000 tours, cruises, and adventure experiences across every continent from roughly 1,500 of the world’s best travel companies and local experts. With over 125,000 trusted reviews, Travelstride enables travelers of all types to explore the world with ease and confidence.
We are a values and mission driven company. While many say it, we live it, and encourage you to review our core values to see if we are a good mutual fit.
Travelstride’s main office is in Austin, Texas (new HQ, moved from SF) with extended team members spanning the globe. This position must work from our Austin office.
As Travelstride’s UX Designer, you will work with the product manager and a team of developers to create and improve engaging and satisfying user experiences with new platform features for both travelers and travel companies. As the only full-time designer at this early stage company, you will be responsible for the complete user experience as well as the look and feel of our products. You will help develop new ideas through research and testing.
You are both a strategic thinker and a tactical doer - eager to roll up your sleeves and do all design work as necessary for both the core product and also to support marketing and other company initiatives
To succeed in this role, you must possess a unique blend of UX, design, business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality with a ‘get it done’ attitude.
Does lower salary, big challenges, bigger impact, talented colleagues, high equity and financial upside, and fun team environment sound good to you?
On our team you will...
- Create beautiful web pages that delight users and achieve business goals
- Design wireframes and pixel perfect hifi designs to meet business needs balancing UX, SEO, CRO and other business goals
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Proacatively speak with users directly and via surveys, and other tools to understand evolving needs and suggest future changes and opportunities
- You definitely...
- Have 2 to 5 years of design experience
- Thrive in a fast-paced results-driven environment with varied responsibilities and challenging assignments that would strike fear into the hearts of average designers
- Rock design tools like Figma, InVision, & Photoshop
- Communicate ideas easily verbally and in writing with engineers and marketing
- Prefer to experiment with new designs and use data to drive decisions rather than view as an art project
- Listen to customers, partners and teammates, and respond well to feedback
- Embrace Web Usability, User Centered Design, & Agile methodologies
- Feel passionately that ‘success is in the details’ as much as in the ‘big picture’
- Love managing multiple projects simultaneously and hit deadlines, using the 80/20 rule as your mantra
- Are known to friends and colleagues as cheerful, with a good sense of humor and positive attitude
- Enthusiastically and proactively help beyond the bounds of your day to day role
- Ship quickly and adjust your process to fit the needs of an early stage startup, valuing shipping a good solution now over a great solution several weeks from now.
- Have experience in consumer marketplace, ecommerce or other transaction oriented consumer web apps preferred
- Know SEO and how to balance it with UX
- Have experience using HTML5, CSS3
- Thrived in a true early startup experience previously (up to Bootstrap to Series B)
- Understand and helped design for social media, online communities, and/or gaming products
- Solve problems with data and analysis, plus some experience-informed intuition, and then move quickly to practical action plans
Why Work WithTravelstride
We are a small, growing team backed by travel tech industry veterans. Working alongside the founder, you will influence key decisions during a very pivotal time for our company and have an impact from day one. You will help grow the business while knowing that you are improving the travel experience for our users and helping our global tour operator partners thrive as sustainable ventures.
- Seed-funded startup comp package with generous stock options and rapid increase potential
- $5,000 annual vacation credits through our travel partners
- Fun, driven, cohesive coworkers and team spirit - Regular company lunches and happy hours plus quarterly team outings & parties
- Meaningful work - you are helping more people travel internationally, and helping our global tour operator partners thrive as sustainable ventures
- The ability to make a major impact as an early team member at a growing startup with huge market size and impressive traction
Does this sound like your dream job? Check out our Careers page and read about our Core Values and Team Culture. If you think this could potentially be the start of something amazing, an incredible mutual fit, then please email us at email@example.com with the following:
- Cover letter with a brief description of what appeals most about joining Travelstride, and why you’re brave/crazy enough to join a travel startup during a Global Pandemic
- Resume & LinkedIn profile link
- Portfolio link ** Must submit a portfolio to be considered
Up to $4,000 in health insurance benefits or transfer them to travel credits if your spouse provides coverage.
Generous stock options
All fulltime employees get generous stock options as part of their compensation package.
$5,000 in vacation travel credits!
Use up to $5,000 per year to travel on trips by Stride travel partners. Talk about 'paid vacation'!
2 team lunches per week.