Director of Sales and Business Development$150k – $200k • No equity
Director of Sales and Business DevelopmentStride Consulting This position will be remote for the time being for the health and safety of our employees. We are considering candidates in the NYC area and the West Coast market. If you are applying from outside of these markets and are intending to relocate, please specify in your cover letter. About Stride ConsultingAt our core, we are a learning culture who takes care of each other and acts with integrity. We are trusted technology partners with some of the biggest names revolutionizing the tech industry. From scaling startups to Fortune 500 companies, we help our clients reach their goals by providing collaborative high-end technical consulting, agile transformation, and product delivery. Who you areAn entrepreneurial sales executive familiar with the demands of professional services sales roles, understands the tech industry intimately, and will bring creative and proven approaches to selling intangible service solutions to executives You will proactively source, pursue and qualify leads across multiple industries. You already have a strong network within the tech community – particularly with C-Suite Executives and decision-makers – and will be responsible for growing a new book of business. As the sole sales and business development Strider, you’ll be responsible for hunting and strategy. You have a passion for selling software and consulting services and are able to lead and navigate through complex and ambiguous situations. Having relentless energy to improve and innovate, navigating through uncharted territory has made you successful. Why StrideAs a part of the Leadership team at Stride, you will be leading business development strategy and execution. You will be part of a company that is deeply connected to the New York City tech community -- whose breadth and depth of relationship is rival to none-- affording you the opportunity to work for one company yet impact many. As the Director of Sales and Business Development, you will
- Lead, develop, and execute effective sales and marketing strategies to source and win new business within our target market by proactively sourcing outbound leads, and winning first engagements
- Qualify and disqualify both inbound leads and outbound leads, consistently meet and exceed sales goals by delivering values-aligned, sales qualified leads (SQL)
- Partner with the COO and marketing team to manage overall Business Development process from pre to post-sales
- Effectively use sales tools and dashboards to track, optimize and automate the business development process
- Establish and develop relationships with decision-makers with prospects and existing clients (the ideal candidate will have previously developed relationships and a strong network of contacts within this space)
- Stay current on industry trends, market activities, and competitor growth as well as strategies for commercialization
Skills and competencies you’ve acquired
- 5+ years of prior business development and sales experience selling consulting engagements, software development or technology-based preferred
- Prior experience working at a startup or early-stage company or product line
- Experience leading and collaborating pre-sales efforts to qualify leads, craft proposals, shape deals, and Scopes of Work
- Exceptional leadership, negotiation, organizational, creative, presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in an outbound B2B closing role, including partnership in the sales process
- Exercise independent critical thinking and business insight with an emphasis on analytics and strategy to support opportunity identification and evaluation, negotiations, and decision-making
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to establish credibility and trust with internal and external partners, including at the executive level.
Stride Consulting is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Stride Consulting is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Health insurance, paid family leave, & 401(k)
Stride offers comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for everyone, as well as generous paid family leave. We also offer a match on your 401(k) contributions that vests immediately!
Meetups & quarterly socials
Stride Consulting organizes several events, including NYC Tech Debates, and Coders Who Climb. Past socials include a “Murder at the Met” scavenger hunt, an ice cream social, jewelry making, Escape the Room, and oyster shucking.
Flexible hours & sustainable work/life balance
We work at a sustainable pace and give all Striders the freedom to decide what that means for them. All vacation and holidays are floating, allowing Striders to decide when to take time off from work.
Promotions at anytime
Nominate yourself or another Strider for a promotion at any time, 365 days per year. Every Strider gets a buddy and a sponsor. The result: a team of Striders helping you craft the ideal career path for you.
Our company huddle’s are like no other! Many of the best parts of Stride have been born in these sessions, including Toast to Failures, Diversity Committee, podcasts, and Algorithms Club.