Sales Director$115k – $175k • 0.01% – 1.0%
StreetShares is the cutting-edge financial services firm of the 21st century.
Veteran-founded in 2013, StreetShares is expanding rapidly in the hot markets of financial lending technology, alternative lending, and alternative investments. In its 5-year history, StreetShares has won numerous awards, surpassed $150M in originations, and accumulated tens of millions of dollars in the nation’s first “Reg A+” security filing to allow unaccredited investors to earn 5% return over the course of a year.
StreetShares lending product portfolio includes small business term loans, the Patriot Express® Line of Credit, and government contract financing. In investments, StreetShares provides Veteran Business Bonds for unaccredited investors as well as investment products for accredited investors, funds, and financial institutions.
As a FinTech, StreetShares provides state-of-the-art technology for banks and credit unions to both refer business lending opportunities as well as evolve themselves to provide products for their members. For more information about products, services, and history, please visit Streetshares.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking an aggressive and hard-working impact-player sales director who is both passionate about serving financial institutions with state-of-the-art lending technology and services as well as leading the sales professionals who make the direct sales. This sales director will very much fulfill a “player-coach” both leading the sales team while working to close his or her own leads.
This is a highly dynamic role with incredible growth potential that is based in StreetShares’ Washington D.C. office that does require some travel and is ideal for the independent, goals-driven sales professional.
• Be a self-starter, who quickly moves and executes to “make it happen” with a professional sales pipeline, arrange meetings, and close financial institutions with the firm's tools and resources.
• Both manage the sales team and overall sales funnel for the business lending technology and services team
• Mentor, train, coach, and evaluate the sales professionals working under them
• Managing variable sales-cycles from the point of engagement through needs discovery, approval process, multiple engagements, and guiding the relationship to its final close.
• Communicate professionally via phone, e-mail, and in-person at industry events to develop the pipeline.
• Guide institutions through the engagement process and own the relationship from prospecting and underwriting to client service, throughout the duration of the client interaction.
• Provide feedback to the management team regarding client concerns or trends.
• Assist in developing new company account management and client procedures and policies.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Incredible passion for selling advanced technology solutions that make an impact for banks and credit unions by serving their members and building their businesses. A good listener who understands the Socratic sales method of asking questions, understanding implications and uncovering hidden needs.
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
• At least 5-7 years of demonstrated sales experience in consultative, relationship sales.
• A great attitude and personality, strong work ethic, and emotional intelligence. Works well as part of a small team but is also capable of being independent when required.
• Excellent writing, email, computer, and phone skills.
• A strong problem solver and critical thinker with an interest in resolving issues.
• Superior time management skills and the ability to respond to leads and inquiries quickly and effectively.
• Thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, smaller company on-the-move environment
• Experience with Salesforce.com.
• Military veterans highly encouraged to apply.
• Experience selling to financial institutions SAAS highly encouraged to apply.
StreetShares offers a competitive salary with full benefits package including a company stock option program, 401k, life insurance and disability, gym memberships, cell phone reimbursements and more.
Meet your team
StreetShares at a glance
StreetShares focuses on Enterprise Software, Financial Services, Marketplaces, Software, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in Washington DC. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, StreetShares has raised $27.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2018.