Application Security Engineer - Amsterdam€55k – €75k • 0.0% – 0.1%
We are looking for a security engineer to join our development team in Amsterdam. Job duties will include working on Network and Application security.
What you will be doing
- Develop solutions to hunt, detect and deal with threats
- Administer and operate detection systems (SIEM), including reporting, correlation, data integrity and performance monitoring
- Create scalable detection logic for emerging threats
- Maintain up to date knowledge of tools, techniques, and procedures used by attackers
- Explore and incorporate new security tools, opportunity to contribute to open source community
- Be involved in the evaluation of security operations and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness of the team
- Experience with AWS operations and security with a clear understanding of AWS shared security responsibility model
- Experience to perform security assessments to ensure that common vulnerabilities are patched and security best practices are applied
- Solid experience with a programming language (Python preferred)
- You like to identify new attack vectors and threats to implement proper monitoring and detection methods
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Operating System security, Network security, Intrusion Detection, Vulnerability Management, Threat Intelligence, Digital Forensics, Software Development
- The mind-set to script, automate, and scope projects to avoid repetitive tasks, because work-life balance is important
- Familiarity with the security controls for common platforms including Linux/MacOS/Network equipment
- AWS Certified Security - Specialty
- Experience with common security standards such as SOC2, HIPPAA and ISO 27001
What we have to offer
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A competitive salary
- Company equity
- A team of exceptional engineers
- The chance to work on OSS projects
- Healthy team lunches and plenty of snacks
- A generous relocation package or the possibility to work fully remote
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam
- The opportunity to attend or present at global conferences and meetups
- The possibility to visit our office in Boulder, CO
- Macbook Pro and home office setup package
Stream has a casual social culture, our team is diverse and we all have different backgrounds. Our Amsterdam team is very focused: you will see us heads-down coding or drawing complex charts on whiteboards, until we pop up to have a chat or play merciless games of ping pong.
Our talented developers are highly technical and collaborative, which makes Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills. When it comes to software engineering our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality: our goal is to deliver stable software.
If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!
Stream at a glance
Stream focuses on SaaS, Cloud Computing, Machine Learning, Big Data, and Chat. Their company has offices in Boulder and Amsterdam. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Stream has raised $5.25M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2017.