Stream provides an API for building and scaling activity feeds and chat
Site Reliability Engineer - Amsterdam€65k – €80k • 0.0% – 0.1%
For our Amsterdam and Boulder teams we are looking for full time Site Reliability Engineers to work on our complex architecture and operations. Stream runs dozens of servers across multiple data-centers and hosting providers and you will take responsibility for the overall stability, scalability and growth of our infrastructure, while working closely with our team of software developers.
- You enjoy solving scalability challenges by thinking out of the box and by using your strong understanding of the underlying technology.
- You want to work at the core of a technology that powers the feed for over 500 million end users.
- You understand that working at a startup is demanding, but you like that you won't have to deal with layers of management to get things done.
- You are excited to be part of an exceptional team with years of experience in this domain.
In this position you will
- Provide, deploy and maintain production infrastructure and services running mainly on AWS
- Implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Implement operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Professional experience in Linux systems administration (5+ years)
- Experience in performing OS minimization and hardening of a Linux system
- A strong understanding of IP-based networking and security protocols (e.g. TLS, SSL, etc.)
- A good understanding of AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, Cloudformation, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management system (e.g. Puppet, SALT, Fabric Ansible, etc.)
- Familiarity with shell scripting (i.e. Bash and Python) and versioning tools (i.e. Git)
- Familiarity with monitoring and operating relational database systems, in particular Postgres
- Experience with Nginx web server technologies
- Experience with Cassandra, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Familiarity with Python and Golang
- Experience with distributed databases
- Experience with GCE
*Our tech stack *
- Golang + gRPC
- Jaeger + ScyllaDB
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A competitive salary
- Company equity
- A team of exceptional engineers
- Healthy team lunches
- Plenty of snacks and fancy coffee/teas
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam
- The possibility to visit our office in Boulder, CO
- The opportunity and support to attend and/or present to industry-related conferences and meetups
- The chance to work on OSS projects
Stream has a casual social culture, our team is diverse and we all have different backgrounds. Our Amsterdam team is very focused: you will see us heads-down coding or drawing complex charts on whiteboards, until we pop up to have a chat or play merciless games of ping pong.
Our talented developers are highly technical and collaborative, which makes Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills. When it comes to software engineering our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality: our goal is to deliver stable software.
If you are up for the challenge, apply now!
Meet your team
Stream at a glance
Stream focuses on SaaS, Cloud Computing, Machine Learning, Big Data, and Chat. Their company has offices in Boulder and Amsterdam. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Stream has raised $5.25M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2017.