Stream provides an API for building and scaling activity feeds and chat
Stream is an API for building, scaling and personalizing activity feeds and chat. We use a wide variety of proven technologies to offer highly optimized and available features to our customers.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend JS/React Developer to join our office in Amsterdam.
- Have 3+ years of experience as a frontend developer
- Are familiar with ES6, ReactJS, JSX and modern JS build tools
- Have expert level knowledge of CSS / SCSS
- Have in-depth knowledge of HTML
- Have a wide knowledge of developing responsive/ adaptive layouts for multiple browsers and platforms, including desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Focus on testing your own code and on committing production ready code
Nice to have:
- React Native
- Dart / Flutter
- Community contributions, blog posts, Stack Overflow, GitHub, etc.
Main responsibilities include developing and maintaining features for our website and open source React SDKs for our Chat and Feeds products.
You will also be helping clients with support issues.
We expect you to find the right balance between:
- high energy to jump on complex problems/tasks
- taking ownership of the work
- maintaining the standard of code quality
- take best suited architectural decisions
- watch out for deadlines
- last but not least …. being a team player
Here at Stream, we all own the responsibility to provide the best possible product/service to our clients, and we expect the same from you.
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A competitive salary (listed salary indications are applicable to employment in the Netherlands)
- Company equity
- A team of exceptional engineers
- Healthy team lunches
- Plenty of snacks and fancy coffee/teas
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam
- The possibility to visit our office in Boulder, CO
- The opportunity and support to attend and/or present to industry-related conferences and meetups
- The chance to work on OSS projects
Stream has a casual social culture, our team is diverse and we all have different backgrounds. Our Amsterdam team is very focused: you will see us heads-down coding or drawing complex charts on whiteboards, until we pop up to have a chat or play merciless games of ping pong.
When it comes to software engineering our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality: our goal is to deliver stable software.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, apply now!