Manage everything from your Gmail
Backend Engineer$130k – $175k • 0.025% – 0.1%
Our backend engineers are distributed systems experts who build the infrastructure to power the next generation of features of Streak in a defensive, reliable and scalable way so they can still enjoy their nights and weekends. We believe in using the right tool for the job, whether that is managed services provided by Google Cloud Platform, open source projects, or writing our own solutions - we always look at the complete picture, not just initial development but maintenance, monitoring, migrations, and more.
Streak is an engineering focused organization, so we continually invest in improving our tools, tests, processes and technology. But we know our people are our greatest asset. We strive to build a culture where everyone is continually learning and growing. As a member of our small team you will meaningfully impact all parts of the company, from the direction the company is going, to the products we develop, to the people we hire.
Sound interesting? Apply at:
- End to end feature ownership: You will be responsible for designing, developing, deploying and monitoring features end to end.
- Leverage Google Cloud Platform: Use the latest Google Cloud technologies without dealing with Google’s bureaucracy. We make extensive use of Google Cloud Platform including: App Engine, Container Engine, BigQuery, Spanner, Datastore and PubSub.
- Ensure Reliability: Thousands of businesses use Streak everyday to manage their critical processes, if Streak goes down then they can’t do business. You help make sure Streak never goes down.
We are excited about you if you:
- Have production experience with a cloud service provider (AWS, GCP, etc)
- Have experience working with systems at scale (> 1000 QPS)
- Work well with a team
- Live in or are willing to move to the Bay Area
We look after our employees:
- Care for yourself with comprehensive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as a subsidized gym membership.
- Save money on health care and dependent care with a flexible spending account
- Take the time you need: you will have generous vacation, sick, and paid family leave, as well as company holidays.
- Recharge with daily lunches and snacks.
- Save for your future with a 401(k).
- Get around town with a pre-tax commuting benefit.
- Take care of the tedious things with a monthly convenience credit.
- Bond with the team through off-sites, monthly happy hours and team events.
- Continue your professional development with an education credit.
Meet your team
Medical insurance (Platinum PPO & HMO plans), Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA)
Invest in your future
401K retirement fund
15 vacation days per year, 10 paid holidays per year, Paid sick leave, Paid family leave
Catered meals and office snacks
$80 monthly fitness credit
Pre-tax commuter and parking benefits plus $200 monthly Uber & Lyft credit
$1,000 annual professional development and education credit, Coaching and feedback on the job, with regular performance reviews
Books & streaming on us
Streak at a glance
Streak focuses on SaaS, CRM, Productivity Software, Email, and Consumer. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area, Vancouver, Toronto, and Ontario. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.