The quintessential app for all of your running and cycling needs. Keep track of how far you go
Social Media Care Specialist
About this Role
The role of the Social Care Specialist is to listen to athlete sentiment, engage with comments thoughtfully and surface stories and feedback from within the global Strava community. Strava is fortunate to have deeply passionate athletes that frequently share their sporting PR’s, weekend adventures, photos, product suggestions, feature frustrations and more with us directly through social media. You’ll be at the center of these conversations showing athletes that we hear them, that we care and that the changes to our product are intended to improve their experience.
As a member of the global brand marketing team, you connect personally with Strava’s mission, and are proactive, curious and passionate about connecting with athletes in the community. You’ll help us become a category leader at social media conversations and showcasing the human side of our brand. You’re interested in responding to the broader issues, helping clear up any confusion and celebrating the wins. You’re also keen to look for cool stuff for social - activities and UGC (user-generated content) that can be elevated and amplified by the content marketing team.
What You’ll Do
- Actively listen and directly respond to questions and comments on our brand channels; The Strava Club, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
- Anticipate the tough questions athletes might ask us and work collaboratively to craft thoughtful responses for campaigns, go-to-markets and anti-racism efforts.
- Reinforce community standards by proactively overseeing high traffic content conversations and acting on or responding to hate speech. Identify and raise any Terms of Service violations to the appropriate teams.
- Track sentiment on brand content for positive, neutral and negative commentary. Gathering insights, feedback and reporting to be shared with broader org.
- Curate exciting activities from pros, influencers and photographers; contracting for legal permissions to publish or post. Follow brand hashtags, @mentions and surprise and delight athletes by sending them gear.
- Coordinate and surface inbound photo and contest submissions.
- Support other marketing initiatives as needed!
- Effectively responding to our community, and making them feel valued, is likely to involve some weekend and off hours work as needed.
- Knowledgeable about social media platforms, emerging trends and what makes excellent brand marketing content.
- Skilled in social listening and using social care software, like Khoros and Sprout to coordinate responses.
- Experience in community management, support or customer service; cooling angry or frustrated users; de-escalating upset consumers; and enforcing community standards.
- Collaborative and willing to work with brand marketing, product marketing, customer support, PR, copywriting and other cross-functional teams to align on messaging.
- Confident writer with strong written & verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail, organized and methodical in approach. Ability to remain calm under pressure and comfortable viewing objectionable or offensive content.
- Understanding of what makes great UGC - fun and remarkable athletic activities, impactful stories as well as relatable, unique and inspiring photos.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Strava at a glance
Strava focuses on Mobile, Hardware, Internet, Sports, and Fitness. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Denver. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Strava has raised $41.85M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014.