The quintessential app for all of your running and cycling needs. Keep track of how far you go
Senior Manager, Talent
About This Role
Strava is growing! And we are looking for a Senior Manager, Talent to join our People and Places Team and help lead our company-wide talent acquisition efforts. This person will be a player / coach, meaning they will lead the function while also recruiting on a number of roles and lending expertise and leadership throughout our People and Places Team.
In partnership with the Chief People Officer and our small but mighty recruiting team, you will be responsible for Strava’s talent acquisition strategy and execution. This includes collaborating to design the recruiting process and candidate experience, supporting our DEI and anti-racism efforts, conveying our brand and employee experience to potential candidates, establishing sourcing methods that increase the success of our recruiting initiatives and our culture, and helping instill belonging in candidates from their first interaction with Strava.
We are passionate about supporting each of our employees by building equitable and inclusive policies, programs and practices. It is important that our Talent leader shares similar passions and is committed to helping incorporate anti-racist strategies into our culture and to all of our People processes over time.
- Collaborate with the team to evolve the hiring process from sourcing strategy, initial candidate outreach, interview process, and offer stages -- making sure we are bringing the Strava culture into every touch point
- Build strong relationships with hiring managers, internal employee identity groups, and other stakeholders, and seek to understand priorities as well as organizational structure
- Lead a small team (currently one Recruiter and one Recruiting Coordinator & Sourcer), with room to add team members as Strava grows
- Own our Talent technologies, partnerships and budget, and assess recruitment events and engagement activities
- Bring a sense of joy and fun to the team, be grounded, and model a growth mindset and the desire to learn and get better, regardless of what the world may throw at us
- An optimistic, positive, and open-minded person who enjoys being part of a team and who is excited to contribute to our overall people strategy
- A minimum of 8+ years in recruiting, preferably within tech or at a company with a large technical population, preferably with management experience
- Experience leading impactful diversity, equity and inclusion strategies, and committed to continued learning about anti-racism and support for Strava’s DEI efforts
- Someone who is passionate about recruiting, loves meeting new candidates, and thrives by building incredible teams
- Organized and clear communicator with the ability to build trust and effectively influence others, while seeking to listen and learn
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
Strava at a glance
Strava focuses on Mobile, Hardware, Internet, Sports, and Fitness. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Denver. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Strava has raised $41.85M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014.