Write better stories, gain more leads. Easy-to-use content marketing platform
Senior Front-End & UX Engineer€40k – €70k
The ideal fit for this role has worked on production systems long enough to have gone through all the phases of loving, hating and loving a framework/language. You understand why anti-patterns are anti-patterns, and strive to contribute code that is clean, well-commented, extensible, but not over-engineered. You have a fundamental understanding of all aspects of quality in software development lifecycle, but are pragmatic in your approach to solve problems.
As a senior engineer at StoryChief, you’ll work directly with other engineers and the co-founders to refine and implement features that make being a StoryChief user delightful. You’ll quickly ramp up on the code base and be contributing to production code in the first week of coming on board.
You’ll have the opportunity to combine heads-down coding with establishing in-house best practices, documentation and leadership. Your impact on StoryChief will be the foundation of a nascent engineering team that will more than double in the coming year.
We’re looking for someone with a genuine love for inventing, building and measuring their impact on the team; somebody who is excited at the prospect of being able to take and own initiatives.
- You have 3+ years industry experience working across the stack
- You have experience contributing to and scaling a production app actively in use by thousands of users
- You have experience developing rich, reliable, cross-browser-compatible web experiences
- Deep understanding and experience with Front-End frameworks, css and implementation of responsive web development
- You are excited to help build out the foundation of engineering culture at one of the fastest growing companies in Ghent
- You have the right balance between best practices and being pragmatic in your approach to problem solving
- You have no fear of cracking open the source code on OSS and don’t believe anything should be black box
- You have an eagerness to always be learning and teaching others
- Experience with Redux
- Experience with Sketch (/Figma)
- Experience with Draft.js
StoryChief at a glance
StoryChief focuses on Publishing, Small and Medium Businesses, Startups, and Content Marketing. Their company has offices in Belgium and Ghent. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, StoryChief has raised $1M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2018.