The #1 marketplace for hiring Shopify Experts
Partnerships Manager (Shopify)$70k – $120k • 0.25% – 0.75%
Empower the modern day business owner to succeed with instant access to high-quality & affordable freelance talent. Build a global network of experts and enable freelance as the Future of Work.
Why this role exists:
Simply put, we need your help to craft, scale, and manage our partner program.
We currently have the largest partner network in the Shopify ecosystem with over 200+ apps, themes, and agencies working with us.
You'll collaborate directly with our CEO (Sam) to manage these existing relationships as well as activate & engage new partners.
What’s in it for me?
- The opportunity to join a well-funded, fast-growing startup as a founding member of the partnerships team.
- A chance to hone your skills and test your leadership in a role that’s essential to the success of our entire business.
- The pleasure of working alongside talented, passionate entrepreneurs who joined Lorem from other top tech companies like Google, HubSpot, x.ai, Teachable, and Spring.
- You’ll enjoy all the perks and freedoms of startup life, with all the thrills and challenges of building something incredible from scratch.
- 3+ years working on a fast-paced, data-driven team with strong mentors and a proven track record of growth.
- Experience working closely with partners in a similar role (BD, sales, etc). Trying lots of different things and learning quickly from failure.
- Strong familiarity with the Shopify ecosystem.
What you’ll be working on:
- Building and managing our partnership strategy. Coming up with a vision and a detailed model for how Lorem will grow from a small startup to a big business through partnerships.
- Testing and growing new partnership ideas. Coming up with the high level strategy and rolling up your sleeves to do whatever it takes to test & grow it.
- Working alongside product and engineering to help design & build our partner dashboard, while sourcing feedback directly from our partners.
- Analyzing the performance of our partner initiatives. Evaluating the results of campaigns, channels, and experiments to determine their ROI and scalability.
- Picking up the phone to learn from customers or sell the value of Lorem to potential partners.
- You’re eager to learn fast and fail often. You don’t mind being dead wrong and failing miraculously, if it’s a step towards getting it right.
- You can wear lots of different hats and aren’t afraid to learn a new skill quickly if it means helping the team or removing a blocker.
- You’re not afraid of the unknown. In fact, it excites you. There is not a known partner playbook to work off. You’ll be building it from scratch.
- You work smart. It’s easy to waste time on things that don’t drive results. You need to be laser focused on the activities that have the biggest impact.
Hard skills we love to see:
- Proven experience with partnerships or sales (deals, accounts, etc) and the associated tech stack (HubSpot, Salesforce, etc)
- Proven experience creating content (written, visual, etc.)
- Strong analytical chops (Google Analytics, Excel, MixPanel, SQL)
- A proven ability to communicate across a multitude of channels and media (copywriting, blog posts, slide decks, internal docs).
Personal and professional attributes:
- Motivated by growth, driven by more than just a paycheck
- Passionate about our mission and the chance to drive our growth
- Self-reliant and comfortable working without much guidance
- Not afraid to fail, and quick to admit when you’re wrong
- Focused on the customer, not the competitor
Location: New York City
Comp range: $70-$120K plus equity
Benefits: Healthcare with dental/vision options, pre-tax subway pass, gym membership discounts, company outings, etc.
Meet your team
Medical, dental, and vision
Unlimited vacation & pto
All expenses paid team offsites
Storetasker at a glance
Storetasker focuses on Marketplaces, Freelancers, Ecommerce, and Shopify . Their company has offices in New York City and Remote. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Storetasker has raised $4.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2018.