Your Favorite Stocks By The Dollar
Stockpile is an innovative fintech enabling financial prosperity for the entire population. We’re a high-growth, well-funded startup based in Palo Alto bringing world-class financial experiences to a continually growing customer base. Stockpile simplifies investing.
As a Data Analyst at Stockpile, you will be a part of our data team within our product organization. Our team is focusing on building our data-driven culture and improving the product experience for thousands of Stockpile customers. You are passionate about simplifying investing and helping millions of people achieve their financial goals.
What you will do
- Improve our analytics practices: Help us mature from one-off tactics to repeatable processes. Define requirements with our teams across to board to improve our analytics capabilities.
- Understand Stockpile customers and the product: Analyze product features, journey, life cycles. Work with our team to understand our customers’ pain points and help us prioritize.
- Support our teams: Partner with cross-functional teams and leadership team. Build context and ask smart questions. Help set team goals. Define, document, monitor, and forecast key metrics. Perform root cause analyses on key metrics.
- Be an expert in data: Turn business problems into defined discovery plans Leverage data from different sources — sometime not connected. Work confidently with clean and messy data. Tell compelling stories and Build impactful visuals. Present insights to peers and executives. Guide our team to make the best possible decisions.
What we are looking for
- Proficiency across analytics tools: Deep experience with analytical SQL queries (e.g., inner/left/right joins, CTEs, and window functions). Experience with a major analytics/visualization platform (e.g. Mode, Looker). Experience scripting in a notebook environment, preferably using Python, Pandas, and Jupyter.Experience using a product or events analytics platform — e.g. Google Analytics, Amplitude, Mixpanel, or an A/B testing tool — e.g. Optimizely, Google Optimize.
- 1-3 years of work experience: At least 1 year of experience. Prior experience in an analytics role specifically focused on product or growth is highly preferred.
- Technical Education: A bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field (e.g., Analytics, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, or Statistics,). A similar Master’s degree is a bonus.
- Soft Skills:Curious; open to questioning assumptions and being questioned. Effective communicator across technical and business audiences. Able to manage stakeholder expectations and work with hands-on executives. Passion for data, discovery, and problem-solving. A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
Benefits offering similar to that of big companies that include health and life insurance, long-term disability, fsa (health and dependent care) and commuter
Daily continental breakfast and lunch; special lunch catered on tuesdays
A variety of snacks, drinks, and munchies to your delight
Happy hour, movie afternoon, and other company events that you can get involved to plan
Work stations that prioritize your need and comfort
Continuous learning and career development coaching
Stability of a mature company (we’ve been around since 2010) with the excitement of a startup environment
Stockpile at a glance
Stockpile focuses on Financial Services, E-Commerce, Retail, Personal Finance, and Software. Their company has offices in Palo Alto and Pasadena. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Stockpile has raised $45M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2017.