Clothing hand selected by our expert stylists for your own unique size & style
Mobile Engineering Manager
Mobile Engineering Manager
San Francisco, CA
Our team is made up of people from varied backgrounds, including engineers who built and scaled organizations like Google, Netflix, eBay, GitHub, and LivingSocial. We build modern software with modern techniques like TDD, continuous delivery, DevOps, and service-oriented architecture. Cross-functional partnerships are deeply meaningful to us and are how we’ve built up immense trust with the people running the business. We focus on high-value products that solve clearly identified problems but are designed in a sustainable way so that value continues to deliver in the long term. In fact, some of our proudest moments come from solving business problems without writing a line of code.
About the Role
Stitch Fix’s Customer-Facing Mobile engineering team is looking for an experienced, people-focused and empathetic Engineering Manager to join our team to help propel the next generation of features forward for our evolving audience. We build all of the customer-facing features in the native iOS and Android applications and enable some of our most-engaged customers to utilize our service. We’re motivated by our ability to continue delivering value and delightful experiences to our clients.
You will manage a team of engineers building all the customer-facing mobile products and solutions—not just features— and contribute to their overall success. You will spend your time helping your team focus their time where they are needed most. Your commitment to applying mobile technology to business challenges in innovative ways will make you a trusted advisor to your partners and your team.
You’re excited about this opportunity because...
- You will have the opportunity to help guide, develop and continue to grow a passionate group of mobile engineers building customer-facing software.
- You will have a direct impact on the native mobile offerings at Stitch Fix by helping guide mobile product development.
- We work collaboratively as a distributed team (~50% remote) and we use GitHub, Slack, and video conferencing extensively to collaborate.
- You will help us continue to develop new methods of collaborating with close partners across engineering and other teams.
We are excited about you because...
- You have 3+ years of experience cultivating and managing high-performing teams.
- You treasure helping your team members grow and learn.
- You believe in strong and honest communication.
- You take a people-focused approach to running your team.
- You believe that strong teams are built on trust and autonomy.
- You clearly set and share your priorities with your team and partners.
- You understand and focus on what is right for the customer.
- You are passionate about building high-quality solutions, but know when to be pragmatic.
- You are flexible, dedicated to your craft and curious.
- You have experience helping teams improve and hone their development processes.
- You strive to clearly communicate with others.
About the Technology
Technologies we rely on to pursue solutions to business problems include:
- Ruby on Rails
While experience with any of these is a bonus, our primary focus is hiring a manager with a passion for their team first and foremost.
You'll love working at Stitch Fix because we...
- Are a successful, vibrant, fast-growing company
- Are a technologically and data-driven business.
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation.
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- Get to be creative every day.
- Have a smart, experienced, and diverse leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- Have sunny offices in downtown San Francisco, CA, Austin, TX and Pittsburgh, PA, or your home :)
- Full support for remote work—and you get to visit our SF office every few months to connect with your peers and partners.
- Offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries, as well as equity and comprehensive health benefits.
- Are serious about our commitment to life-work balance, and have generous parental leave policies.
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts an extraordinary collection of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.
Comprehensive medical, dental & vision benefits
Competitive parental leave
Competitive market-driven pay & company equity for eligible roles
Unlimited vacation for qualified roles
Leadership, managing people program, career journey & other training opportunities
Enjoy 40% off of Fixes plus access to quarterly sample sales
Stitch Fix at a glance
Stitch Fix focuses on E-Commerce, Retail, and Fashion. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Austin, and Pittsburgh. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees. To date, Stitch Fix has raised $84.351M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2017.