Clothing hand selected by our expert stylists for your own unique size & style
Data Scientist - Fix Recommendations
About the Team
At Stitch Fix, our data science team combines machine learning with expert human judgment to generate innovative recommendations and insights that transform the way our clients discover what they love. We believe in a curiosity-driven, data science culture where members have autonomy to deliver impact through end-to-end, full-stack product development and ownership. The diversity of the problems that we work on and the data-rich environment of our business make it possible, even essential, to bring the tools of multiple disciplines to bear on our hardest problems. As a $2B+ company, we are looking for data scientists and leaders to join us as we revolutionize retail.
The fix recommendations team leverages recommendation algorithms to power the core fix experience. We predict how our clients are likely to react to receiving items from our inventory, and use this to help our stylists find the perfect pieces for each client.
About the Role
In this role you will have the chance to build new recommender systems, and will work cross-functionally with our Styling, Product and Engineering teams to build these capabilities end-to-end.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will get the chance to…
- Address machine learning problems around recommendation engines with multi-modal feedback
- Discover user preferences using algorithmic approaches and use these to enable expert stylists
- Experiment and build new algorithmic capabilities from the ground up
- Glue together disparate production systems to make your model work in production applications
- Collaborate with multiple teams and functions
We’re excited about you because…
- You have production machine learning experience and are proficient in deploying apps in Python
- You have a degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Physics or a related field
- You have strong cross-functional communication skills that help simplify and move complex problems forward with partners across the business.
- You are innovative and inspired to take on new challenges and you do not shy away from potential failure
- You possess a solid understanding of ML & engineering and want to grow even deeper in the field
- You are excited to expand your knowledge of Recommendation Systems
- You think about ethics in AI, the impact of machine learning on society, and want to bring that to bear in our work here
Why you'll love working at Stitch Fix...
- We are a group of people who are bright, kind and motivated by challenges. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technology and data-first business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed, and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.
Comprehensive medical, dental & vision benefits
Competitive parental leave
Competitive market-driven pay & company equity for eligible roles
Unlimited vacation for qualified roles
Leadership, managing people program, career journey & other training opportunities
Enjoy 40% off of Fixes plus access to quarterly sample sales
Stitch Fix at a glance
Stitch Fix focuses on E-Commerce, Retail, and Fashion. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Austin, and Pittsburgh. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees. To date, Stitch Fix has raised $84.351M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2017.