Financial services for immigrants - building a more financially inclusive world
Head of Growth$80k – $150k • 0.1% – 1.0%
We are backed by fintech investors including Y Combinator, Hillsven Capital, Petrushka investments (early backer of Lending Club, Zillow, Check, Pets.com), and CEOs of billion-dollar fintech companies. We are at an inflection point in the company's journey and looking for someone to lead our paid marketing efforts.
The role at a higher level:
This is a hands-on role where we expect you to develop and execute end to end solutions for customer growth. You will have autonomy in defining your day to day for maximum impact. The role is a combination of understanding customers (and their lives), exploring/exploiting acquisition channels, quantitatively optimizing conversion funnels, managing all paid channels, running a/b tests, and analyzing data to make sure we are scaling the company while keeping our costs in check.
If you are data-driven and excited about things like acquisition funnels, cost of acquisition, lifetime value, tracking custom events for optimizing conversions, landing pages, and a/b tests - you will have a blast in this role. Your efforts will help us 10x the company while keeping a low cost of acquisition. The ideas you implement will be key in building a strong foundation for sustainable growth for years to come.
Who will you work with?
You will closely work with the CEO, CTO, and Head of Credit Risk.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and manage KPIs (and dashboards) around acquisition, conversion, and retention for the growth team
- Work on growth-focused site instrumentation and event tracking for all acquisition channels
- Work with the product team to design and implement new features to improve these KPIs
- Work on marketing messages for landing pages, ads (including video), and product features
- Generate insights around new customer demographics and strategies to target those demographics
- Scale existing paid channels and explore new scalable channels where we can have competitive advantages
- Work with the credit risk team to track longitudinal performance of all acquisition channels
- Work with compliance to manage compliance risk of all acquisition channels
- Develop and oversee a multi channel growth strategy and build a team of growth professionals for specialized growth functions
In your background, you have:
- Worked for 3+ years with a fintech company or a real interest in the industry
- Used data-driven approach to manage and scale and optimize multiple acquisition channels
- Knowledge of multiple acquisition channels but also deep experience in at least a couple of them - channels include Content Marketing (SEO), TV Ads, Facebook, Google SEM, YouTube, Instagram, Direct Mail, Partnerships, Credit Karma, Nerdwallet, etc.
- A deep understanding of paid acquisition channels, conversion funnels, and retention metrics
- Implemented A/B tests that are fundamentally sound (most people do this incorrectly)
- A history of independent thinking and implementing new ideas that push the envelope on growth
- An insatiable need to test and optimize channels (that is data-driven)
- Shown that you are quantitative in your approach to problems without discarding qualitative information (we know it's tricky)
- Technical knowledge - at least basics of SQL, Python or any other programming language (more experience the better)
- Entrepreneurial nature - history of starting and doing things you love
- Demonstrated that you can generate insights for scaling customer acquisition while keeping expenses low
The rest of the team:
We are a growing team based in San Francisco. All of us take pride in our work and give our best at all times. Our team is comprised of immigrants, DACA holders, and U.S. citizens. We speak 6 different languages amongst the team but share the same values. We care about company values and measure ourselves on how well we serve our customers.
Come and help us make it a more financially inclusive world.
Medical, vision, and dental
Receive company-sponsored coverage for you and your family.
Option to contribute towards a better financial future.
We offer all team members competitive equity and want them to be rewarded as the company becomes successful.
We encourage team members to unplug and recharge.
Furry friends at work always make us happy.
We believe you should have all the resources to be the best at your work and we help with it.
Happy hours and team lunches
We frequently go for happy hours, team lunches, and ice cream trips.
Stilt at a glance
Stilt focuses on Financial Services, Consumer Lending, Big Data Analytics, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Remote. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Stilt has raised $2.92M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2017.