Financial services for immigrants - building a more financially inclusive world
Head of Loan Operations$70k – $100k • 0.1% – 0.5%
We are backed by fintech investors including Y Combinator, Hillsven Capital, Petrushka investments (early backer of Lending Club, Zillow, Check, Pets.com), and CEOs of billion-dollar fintech companies. We are at an inflection point in the company's journey and looking for someone to build and lead loan operations team.
The role at a high level:
This is a cross-functional role where you will work with growth, credit risk, and engineering teams. You will own all areas of customer facing and internal loan operations. You will build on, strengthen, and optimize our customer support, loan origination, and servicing processes. As we increase our customer base by 10x and add new products, you will be responsible for scaling all processes with growing demand. It will also involve hiring and managing a team of loan operations and customer support specialists.
Loan Operations team is at the heart of all functions in the company. You will have autonomy and support in defining best practices for all internal and external loan processes. You will be responsible for designing and maintaining customer interaction protocols, implementing procedures based on credit risk policies, and executing risk management practices within the compliance framework.
If you enjoy helping customers achieve their goals, optimizing loan origination flows, reducing fraud, improving loan repayment rates (with good customer service), and scaling all this with a growing team, this is the perfect role for you.
Who will I work with?
You will closely work with the CEO, CTO, Head of Growth, and Head of Credit Risk.
- Develop and maintain all internal and external loan operations processes, policies, and documentation
- Optimize existing lending operations including origination, servicing, and collections
- Evaluate, design, and develop features for the internal loan operations software (this includes working with engineering and credit risk teams)
- Scale the loan operations team including hiring and training talent
- Evaluate and sign up vendors such as third party collection agencies
- Build dashboards to manage, track, and report all KPIs related to loan operations
- Grow, manage, and train loan operations and customer support team
In your background, you have:
- 3+ years of experience in a hands-on role at a consumer lending company (with any product such as mortgages, personal loans, credit cards)
- Experience in developing effective strategies for collecting debt while maintaining regulatory compliance (this is very important)
- Worked with cross-functional teams to design and deliver end-to-end features
- Written policies for the operations team and developed training materials for new hires
- Managed a team of loan operations specialists (even if small)
- Demonstrated data-driven decision making abilities - for managing and improving loan operation processes
- Experience collecting on delinquent loans in terms of economic stress on customers (and preferably, in the economy)
The rest of the team:
We are a small but growing team based in San Francisco. All of us take pride in our work and give our best at all times. Our team is comprised of immigrants, DACA holders, and U.S. citizens. We speak 6 different languages amongst the team but share the same values. We care about company values and measure ourselves on how well we serve our customers.
Come and help us make it a more financially inclusive world.
Medical, vision, and dental
Receive company-sponsored coverage for you and your family.
Option to contribute towards a better financial future.
We offer all team members competitive equity and want them to be rewarded as the company becomes successful.
We encourage team members to unplug and recharge.
Furry friends at work always make us happy.
We believe you should have all the resources to be the best at your work and we help with it.
Happy hours and team lunches
We frequently go for happy hours, team lunches, and ice cream trips.
Stilt at a glance
Stilt focuses on Financial Services, Consumer Lending, Big Data Analytics, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Remote. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Stilt has raised $2.92M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2017.