Financial services for immigrants - building a more financially inclusive world
Senior Engineer - Full Stack Development₹25L – ₹30L
We are a Y-Combinator backed company based in San Francisco, founded by an immigrant team with expertise in finance, technology, and machine learning who have collective experience of working at companies like Amazon, Microsoft, Adobe for 18+ years. We are working hard to make financial services simple for underserved applicants by building an institution that uses cross-country data, better credit risk scoring, and operational efficiency. Stilt has now served immigrants from 100+ countries.
Improving access to financial services for everyone, especially for the underserved and immigrants has never been more important. It is a challenging and fulfilling opportunity for someone looking to make a difference in the lives of immigrants across the world. As we rewrite the approach to banking, we are looking for a senior full stack engineer who can design, development, test and ship products to make this a reality. As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will be a part of an early team and lead the development of a robust backend and bridge the gap between frontend and backend. In this role, you will collaborate with Stilt's founders and early employees, and design, compliance, and legal experts to build mission-critical features that will power Stilt.
As a Senior Engineer, you will:
- Work on a wide range of problems related to systems, processes, and
technologies and own it end-to-end
- Ship features that will enhance Stilt's consumer-facing products
- Collaborate with senior management, experts in various fields and
implement business logic in software
- Develop robust and consistent codebases across the organization
- Convert ideas to prototypes by quickly assembling together different
technologies and frameworks
- Be part of an early-stage startup and be privy to critical decision-making
- Integrate third-party APIs for providing payments, document signing, and
- Develop essential processes for development, testing, and deployment
You will impact:
- Stilt’s core lending platform that improves key business metrics for the
- Internal tools that will be used for compliance, legal and loan operations
- Credit modeling platform by working closely with the data science team and
provide your technical expertise in developing a scalable system
You should have:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science or a relevant field
- 4+ years of experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with various technologies, and take pride in being a generalist
- Familiarity with server hosting, cloud-based systems and systems
- Knowledge of Python, Angular, React, Java, Github, REST APIs, HTML,
We will prefer candidates who have USA visa (H1B, B1/B2), because we will ask them to come to the USA for knowledge transfer. Eventually, we will sponsor the visa sponsorship.
Meet your team
Medical, vision, and dental
Receive company-sponsored coverage for you and your family.
Option to contribute towards a better financial future.
We offer all team members competitive equity and want them to be rewarded as the company becomes successful.
We encourage team members to unplug and recharge.
Furry friends at work always make us happy.
We believe you should have all the resources to be the best at your work and we help with it.
Happy hours and team lunches
We frequently go for happy hours, team lunches, and ice cream trips.
Stilt at a glance
Stilt focuses on Financial Services, Consumer Lending, Big Data Analytics, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Remote. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Stilt has raised $2.92M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2017.